Review: could Flomax cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 20,458 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 537 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have Insomnia >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,474 Flomax users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 143,951 Insomnia patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 20,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 588 people (2.87%) have Insomnia.
Time on Flomax when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Flomax * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (85 people, 14.46%)
- Pain (50 people, 8.50%)
- Hypertension (41 people, 6.97%)
- Depression (28 people, 4.76%)
- Insomnia (28 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (140 people, 23.81%)
- Zometa (103 people, 17.52%)
- Ambien (85 people, 14.46%)
- Oxycontin (82 people, 13.95%)
- Lipitor (69 people, 11.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flomax and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes And Kidney Stone
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Uroxatral, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 64-year old man who has Prostatic Obstruction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.