Review: could Flomax cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
We study 20,438 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 537 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Insomnia >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 21,453 users)
Insomnia has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Insomnia 135,811 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 20,436 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 588 people (2.88%) have Insomnia.
Time on Flomax when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Flomax * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (85 people, 14.46%)
- Pain (50 people, 8.50%)
- Hypertension (41 people, 6.97%)
- Depression (28 people, 4.76%)
- Insomnia (28 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (140 people, 23.81%)
- Zometa (103 people, 17.52%)
- Ambien (85 people, 14.46%)
- Oxycontin (82 people, 13.95%)
- Lipitor (69 people, 11.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Insomnia
My insomnia was provoked by a 'medicine cocktail', prescribed medications that were contraindicated. I just had a rough experience with Serotonin Syndrome, grateful to be alive.
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Flomax, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psoriasis and flomax
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking at medicines side effect. I found out on the internet last week that Flomax might be the culpert.
It has been one week since I stopped taking it and today my leg psoriasis is starting to fade away. Has not itched all day today. TYJ!
The patch on my scalp is doing the same. The scalp thickness has improved tremendously. I just hope I don't start having trouble with my BPH again, so for so good.
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so sleepy. Maddening. Do not understand at all.
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flomax,within 3
months,I was down to 160 lbs.(I had 0 fat on my body)I am now down to 140 lbs.
my family & friends can't believe the weight loss.I feel good,strong,but I don't look good,I'm too skinny.Flomax as been very effective for me.
Is flomax the reason for my weight loss?
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled with Ibuprophen. I thought it was age and/or the weather. Perhaps these are factors; but it happens every time I use Ibuprophen. I share this hoping it can help others.
More reviews for: Flomax, Insomnia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
- Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- While on genetic restoril I am wearing a heart monitor because of pulse 125. For 4 hrs
I am not going to take this to see if palpitations or tachycardia stops
Is this fairly common. The drug has been a miracle worker but I am now afraid to take it
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Flomax, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.