Review: could Flomax cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 20,458 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 441 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have Itching >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,474 Flomax users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 88,292 Itching patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 20,458 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 441 people (2.16%) have Itching.
Time on Flomax when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Itching when taking Flomax * :
Severity of Itching when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (57 people, 12.93%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 7.71%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (28 people, 6.35%)
- Angiogram (23 people, 5.22%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (22 people, 4.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (134 people, 30.39%)
- Niaspan (71 people, 16.10%)
- Norvasc (55 people, 12.47%)
- Lasix (50 people, 11.34%)
- Lisinopril (44 people, 9.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flomax and itching on
Do you have Itching while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Itching
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 70-year old man with Itching. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes And Kidney Stone
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Uroxatral, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 64-year old man who has Prostatic Obstruction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.