Review: could Flomax cause Libido decreased?
Summary: Libido decreased is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Avodart, and have Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
We study 20,438 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 110 have Libido decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Libido decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Libido decreased >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 21,453 users)
Libido decreased (loss of interest in sex) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, stress and anxiety, hair loss, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Libido decreased 6,207 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 20,436 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 110 people (0.54%) have Libido Decreased.
Time on Flomax when people have Libido decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Libido decreased||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Libido decreased when taking Flomax * :
|Libido decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.33%||2.74%||19.18%||65.75% |
Severity of Libido decreased when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Libido decreased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Libido decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (56 people, 50.91%)
- Prophylaxis (21 people, 19.09%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 16.36%)
- Osteopenia (16 people, 14.55%)
- Hypogonadism (15 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avodart (47 people, 42.73%)
- Proscar (23 people, 20.91%)
- Ambien (23 people, 20.91%)
- Zometa (20 people, 18.18%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 17.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Libido Decreased while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Libido Decreased
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Libido Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Feeding tube complications flomax
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Feeding Tube Patient, and takes Flomax)
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication with tube feeding?
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Burning sensation aft urinate in morning
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Frequent Or Urgent Urination, and takes Flomax)
taking flomax last one year suddenly getting burning sensation in my penus aft i go to P and remaing burning for 5 to 10 minutes did all the urine test and all are are negative so i dont know what is cause.my urology did even cystoscopy and he id not find anything my P S A is 2.45 normal. my dr. say ...
- I am experiencing difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. i have been taking zyrtec . omeprazole and flomax for the past 5 years. has anyone experience this with any of these medication ? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Flomax, Omeprazole, Zyrtec)
I have had catscan of long and checked my heart and every test you can imagine , and doctors can't find the reason.I have had the shortness of breath for about 4 month now .
More questions for: Flomax, Libido decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Libido Decreased, Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Olmesartan Medoxomil)
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
More reviews for: Flomax, Libido decreased
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with BPH. The patient has Morning-after Pill, Morning-after Pill
Comments: Took FIRST pill. Got up (carefully because of warnings) to pee and 4:00AM. Sitting on toilet pondering that it takes 2 weeks to feel effects. No memory of trying to stand up. Total syncope, came to crumpled in bathtub with concussion and 3 inch gas in back of head. 6 weeks later could not walk becau ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Flomax, Crestor for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, High Blood Pressure, Bpd, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Rash Generalised
Comments: About 5 years ago I started both Flomax and Crestor. After about 3 month a very mild rash started on both insteps. This rash has gradually increased until now it is on most of body except face, neck and scalp.There was a very significant increase beginning about 6months ago, (At that time I was take ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Felodipine, Nexium, Flomax, Ditropan XL, Crestor, Atacand for a patient with Hypertension, Gastric Ph, Urine Flow Decreased, Loss Of Bladder Control, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Loss Of Bladder Control, Heartburn, Blood Pressure
Comments: Urine/bladder control is a result of prostate cancer. I had radioactive implants 10 years ago and PSA has stayed less than .1 ever since.
I have been taking Atacand 5 to 7 years and started felodipine 5 months ago. B.P is running about 140 over 85. Lung-breathing problems began 3-4 years ago. I' ...
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with Prostatitis. The patient has Ear Ringing Intensifies When Using Flomax
Comments: The side effects of taking meds pop up each time I take them.
I was taking Cipro and Ibuprophen for prostatitus and had stomach pain, vomiting,
diarhea, acid reflux from that, so I stopped taking it even though it helped with prostatitus symptoms. I no longer had nocturia or sudden urges to go, b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex, Xopenex, Symbicort, Spiriva, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amlodipine Besylate, Potassium, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Pantoprazole, Metformin for a patient with Ear Congestion, Rescue Inhaler, Copd, Biopsy Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Lung Water, Acid Reflux, Diabetes. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: Believe my problem is with Formoterol. Symptoms (breathlessness and being winded with minimal exertion) first noted three years ago after taking Foradil aerolizer (formoterol) and asmanex twisthaler for one to two years. Health, stamina gradually dimished to shortness of breath with minimal exert ...
More related studies for: Flomax, Libido decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.