Review: could Flomax cause Libido decreased?
Summary: Libido decreased is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Avodart, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 20,458 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 110 have Libido decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Libido decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have Libido decreased >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,474 Flomax users)
Libido decreased (loss of interest in sex) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, stress and anxiety, hair loss, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 6,302 Libido decreased patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 20,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 110 people (0.54%) have Libido Decreased.
Time on Flomax when people have Libido decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Libido decreased||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Libido decreased when taking Flomax * :
|Libido decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.33%||2.74%||19.18%||65.75% |
Severity of Libido decreased when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Libido decreased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Libido decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (56 people, 50.91%)
- Prophylaxis (21 people, 19.09%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 16.36%)
- Osteopenia (16 people, 14.55%)
- Hypogonadism (15 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avodart (47 people, 42.73%)
- Proscar (23 people, 20.91%)
- Ambien (23 people, 20.91%)
- Zometa (20 people, 18.18%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 17.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flomax and libido decreased on
Do you have Libido Decreased while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Libido Decreased
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Libido Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin for a 55-year old man with Enlarged Prostate, Heartburn Prevention. The patient has Splinter Hemorrhages
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin, Enalaprilat, Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol for a 67-year old man with Urinary Retention, Health, Hypertension.
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.