Home > Flomax > Platelet count decreased > Flomax and Platelet count decreased
Review: could Flomax cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
We study 20,436 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 256 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Flomax (latest outcomes from 21,450 users) has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased (latest reports from 237,987 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 20,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 256 people (1.25%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Flomax when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||85.71%||7.14%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Flomax * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||0.44%||0.00%||0.00%||3.11%||2.22%||9.33%||84.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (32 people, 12.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (32 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (22 people, 8.59%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (15 people, 5.86%)
- Prophylaxis (15 people, 5.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (54 people, 21.09%)
- Nexium (41 people, 16.02%)
- Allopurinol (40 people, 15.62%)
- Lasix (39 people, 15.23%)
- Folic acid (39 people, 15.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Feeding tube complications flomax
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Feeding Tube Patient, and takes Flomax)
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication with tube feeding?
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Burning sensation aft urinate in morning
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Frequent Or Urgent Urination, and takes Flomax)
taking flomax last one year suddenly getting burning sensation in my penus aft i go to P and remaing burning for 5 to 10 minutes did all the urine test and all are are negative so i dont know what is cause.my urology did even cystoscopy and he id not find anything my P S A is 2.45 normal. my dr. say ...
- I am experiencing difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. i have been taking zyrtec . omeprazole and flomax for the past 5 years. has anyone experience this with any of these medication ?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Flomax, Omeprazole, Zyrtec)
I have had catscan of long and checked my heart and every test you can imagine , and doctors can't find the reason.I have had the shortness of breath for about 4 month now .
More questions for: Flomax, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
More reviews for: Flomax, Platelet count decreased
- A study of side effects of Tamsulosin Hydrochloride for a patient with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. The patient has Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder), Erectile Dysfuntion, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension)
Comments: I have had BPH for over a year and recently the symptoms of frequent urination, burning sensation, weak flow, urinary retention etc had got worse. My Urologist decided to put me on Tamsulosin and Tadalafil. I decided not to take the Tadalafil for the time being as I am already taking 5mg of Amlodipi ...
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with Prostate Cancer. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
Comments: Two of my cousins in the past, (living in Greece) became progressively ill after being operated having their prostate removed. After the first of them died, his wife said that no one in the family should have the prostate removed.
Some years later, his brother had the same operation. The doctors ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ramipril, Cymbalta, Flomax, Vyvanse, Ranexa for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Pain Management, Bph, Add. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated
Comments: had open heart surgery (July 27, 2011)to repair mitral valve; specifically the posterior side where the chordea had been ruptured, probably for 4 years. First stage of recovery seemed to be going well, though I had residual effects from Guillian Barre a year earlier. Then, started to lose cardio a ...
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with Hives Treatment. The patient has Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose)
Comments: I was taking Flomax because I have BPH and it was very effective in improving my urine flow. But I really suffered for 9 months with really severe Rhinitis. Even with repeated visits to my primary care doctor, he failed to connect Flomax with my Rhinitis problem. Neither did either of the Urgent Car ...
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with Benign Neoplasm Of Prostate. The patient has Sinus Congestion (blockage of sinus)
Comments: ENT and Urologist Physicians do not have a clue regarding the side effects of this drug, Flomax. Flomax, double the minimum dosage/day, i.e. one capsule twice a day, has given relief from the prostate painful difficulty of urinating, however, the side effect of Flomax and severe sinus congestion ma ...
More related studies for: Flomax, Platelet count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.