Review: could Flomax cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
We study 20,438 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 326 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 21,453 users)
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Platelet count decreased 40,979 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 20,436 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 256 people (1.25%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Flomax when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||85.71%||7.14%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Flomax * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||0.44%||0.00%||0.00%||3.11%||2.22%||9.33%||84.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (32 people, 12.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (32 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (22 people, 8.59%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (15 people, 5.86%)
- Prophylaxis (15 people, 5.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (54 people, 21.09%)
- Nexium (41 people, 16.02%)
- Allopurinol (40 people, 15.62%)
- Lasix (39 people, 15.23%)
- Folic acid (39 people, 15.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Flomax, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psoriasis and flomax
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking at medicines side effect. I found out on the internet last week that Flomax might be the culpert.
It has been one week since I stopped taking it and today my leg psoriasis is starting to fade away. Has not itched all day today. TYJ!
The patch on my scalp is doing the same. The scalp thickness has improved tremendously. I just hope I don't start having trouble with my BPH again, so for so good.
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flomax,within 3
months,I was down to 160 lbs.(I had 0 fat on my body)I am now down to 140 lbs.
my family & friends can't believe the weight loss.I feel good,strong,but I don't look good,I'm too skinny.Flomax as been very effective for me.
Is flomax the reason for my weight loss?
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled with Ibuprophen. I thought it was age and/or the weather. Perhaps these are factors; but it happens every time I use Ibuprophen. I share this hoping it can help others.
More reviews for: Flomax, Platelet count decreased
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Took FIRST pill. Got up (carefully because of warnings) to pee and 4:00AM. Sitting on toilet pondering that it takes 2 weeks to feel effects. No memory of trying to stand up. Total syncope, came to crumpled in bathtub with concussion and 3 inch gas in back of head. 6 weeks later could not walk becau ...
- About 5 years ago I started both Flomax and Crestor. After about 3 month a very mild rash started on both insteps. This rash has gradually increased until now it is on most of body except face, neck and scalp.There was a very significant increase beginning about 6months ago, (At that time I was take ...
- Urine/bladder control is a result of prostate cancer. I had radioactive implants 10 years ago and PSA has stayed less than .1 ever since.
I have been taking Atacand 5 to 7 years and started felodipine 5 months ago. B.P is running about 140 over 85. Lung-breathing problems began 3-4 years ago. I' ...
- The side effects of taking meds pop up each time I take them.
I was taking Cipro and Ibuprophen for prostatitus and had stomach pain, vomiting,
diarhea, acid reflux from that, so I stopped taking it even though it helped with prostatitus symptoms. I no longer had nocturia or sudden urges to go, b ...
- Believe my problem is with Formoterol. Symptoms (breathlessness and being winded with minimal exertion) first noted three years ago after taking Foradil aerolizer (formoterol) and asmanex twisthaler for one to two years. Health, stamina gradually dimished to shortness of breath with minimal exert ...
More related studies for: Flomax, Platelet count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.