Review: could Flomax cause Postnasal drip (Nasal discharge)?
Summary: Postnasal drip is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 20,458 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Postnasal drip. Find out below who they are, when they have Postnasal drip and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have Postnasal drip >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,474 Flomax users)
Postnasal drip (discharge from nose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma. (latest reports from 1,923 Postnasal drip patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 20,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 27 people (0.13%) have Postnasal Drip.
Time on Flomax when people have Postnasal drip * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Postnasal drip||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Flomax * :
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.17%||0.00%||8.33%||87.50% |
Severity of Postnasal drip when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Postnasal drip||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Postnasal drip ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (8 people, 29.63%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 14.81%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 14.81%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 11.11%)
- Prostatic disorder (3 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 33.33%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 14.81%)
- Xyzal (3 people, 11.11%)
- Protonix (3 people, 11.11%)
- Zetia (3 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Postnasal Drip while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Postnasal Drip
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Postnasal Drip
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin for a 55-year old man with Enlarged Prostate, Heartburn Prevention. The patient has Splinter Hemorrhages
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea Aggravated, Skin Discolouration, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cialis, Flomax for a 65-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes And Kidney Stone
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.