Flomax and Postnasal drip - from FDA reports
Postnasal drip is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Postnasal drip with Flomax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,572 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
30,572 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 24 people (0.08%) have Postnasal drip
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flomax when people have Postnasal drip *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Flomax *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.56 %
- 60+: 88.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 12.50%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 12.50%)
- Prostatic Disorder (2 people, 8.33%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 8.33%)
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (6 people, 25.00%)
- Xyzal (3 people, 12.50%)
- Prilosec (2 people, 8.33%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 8.33%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 8.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nasal Congestion (6 people, 25.00%)
- Dizziness (5 people, 20.83%)
- Oropharyngeal Pain (4 people, 16.67%)
- Productive Cough (3 people, 12.50%)
- Fever (3 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Postnasal drip when taking Flomax?
- Check symptoms - is postnasal drip caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPostnasal drip and drugs with ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePostnasal drip and Flomax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 32,389 users)
Postnasal drip has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, psoriasis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 1,942 Postnasal drip patients).
Browse all side effects of Flomaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Postnasal dripPostnasal drip
Could your condition cause Postnasal dripPostnasal drip
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I went to the beach and got severely sunburnt all over especially my face and I have a non-stop runny nose and I don't know if the two are connected, please help. I'm 11 and average weight, and good health
User reviews to the study
I have been suffering from acute rhinitus/post nasal drip in and off for 30 years. It just lately it has become a debilitating nightmare. Despite daily use of ciclesonide spray etc etc - no allergies to speak of plus bring on an autoimmune diet I am not keeping it at bay I get the ...
I just had total knee replacement surgery and have been having atrial fibrillation, the first time I've been able to catch it on an EKG. I am 64 and have been taking Finasteride and Flomax for several years. I've just been put on elaquis and metoprolol. I've decided to go off the Finasteride and ...