Flomax and Prostate cancer - from FDA reports
Prostate cancer is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Prostate cancer with Flomax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,572 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
30,572 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 348 people (1.14%) have Prostate cancer
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flomax when people have Prostate cancer *:
- < 1 month: 10.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 26.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.67 %
- 10+ years: 3.33 %
Age of people who have Prostate cancer when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.45 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.82 %
- 50-59: 14.09 %
- 60+: 78.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (32 people, 9.20%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (31 people, 8.91%)
- Multiple Myeloma (22 people, 6.32%)
- Prostatomegaly (17 people, 4.89%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (15 people, 4.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (46 people, 13.22%)
- Aspirin (44 people, 12.64%)
- Lipitor (39 people, 11.21%)
- Coumadin (38 people, 10.92%)
- Proscar (34 people, 9.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (56 people, 16.09%)
- Stress And Anxiety (53 people, 15.23%)
- High Blood Pressure (49 people, 14.08%)
- Dizziness (45 people, 12.93%)
- Chest Pain (45 people, 12.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Prostate cancer when taking Flomax?
- Check symptoms - is prostate cancer caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsProstate cancer and drugs with ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProstate cancer and Flomax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 32,389 users)
Prostate cancer has been reported by people with prostate cancer, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 57,269 Prostate cancer patients).
Browse all side effects of Flomaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Prostate cancerProstate cancer
Could your condition cause Prostate cancerProstate cancer
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...