Review: could Flomax cause Stuffy nose (Nasal congestion)?
Summary: Stuffy nose is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 20,458 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 243 have Stuffy nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Stuffy nose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have Stuffy nose >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,474 Flomax users)
Stuffy nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,504 Stuffy nose patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 20,458 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 243 people (1.19%) have Stuffy Nose.
Time on Flomax when people have Stuffy nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stuffy nose||22.22%||50.00%||11.11%||11.11%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Stuffy nose when taking Flomax * :
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.93%||10.67%||8.99%||76.40% |
Severity of Stuffy nose when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Stuffy nose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (55 people, 22.63%)
- Hypertension (40 people, 16.46%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 7.00%)
- Depression (15 people, 6.17%)
- Bone loss (12 people, 4.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (50 people, 20.58%)
- Zometa (48 people, 19.75%)
- Lipitor (35 people, 14.40%)
- Prevacid (35 people, 14.40%)
- Monopril (29 people, 11.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flomax and stuffy nose on
Do you have Stuffy Nose while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Stuffy Nose
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Stuffy Nose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Xanax for a 22-year old man with ADD, Anxiety. The patient has Stuffy Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cialis, Flomax for a 65-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes And Kidney Stone
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.