Flomax and Stuffy nose - from FDA reports
Stuffy nose is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Stuffy nose with Flomax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,572 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
30,572 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 334 people (1.09%) have Stuffy nose
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flomax when people have Stuffy nose *:
- < 1 month: 45.45 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.36 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.55 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stuffy nose when taking Flomax *:
- female: 5.81 %
- male: 94.19 %
Age of people who have Stuffy nose when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.43 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.3 %
- 30-39: 4.78 %
- 40-49: 8.26 %
- 50-59: 13.91 %
- 60+: 71.3 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (52 people, 15.57%)
- Depression (23 people, 6.89%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 6.59%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (18 people, 5.39%)
- Multiple Myeloma (15 people, 4.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (56 people, 16.77%)
- Lipitor (45 people, 13.47%)
- Aspirin (44 people, 13.17%)
- Prevacid (37 people, 11.08%)
- Ambien (32 people, 9.58%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (62 people, 18.56%)
- Pain (58 people, 17.37%)
- Insomnia (57 people, 17.07%)
- Cough (55 people, 16.47%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (54 people, 16.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Stuffy nose when taking Flomax?
- Check symptoms - is stuffy nose caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStuffy nose and drugs with ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStuffy nose and Flomax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 32,389 users)
Stuffy nose has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, psoriasis (latest reports from 33,889 Stuffy nose patients).
Browse all side effects of Flomaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Stuffy noseStuffy nose
Could your condition cause Stuffy noseStuffy nose
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Had moderate dry mouth prior to starting Metformin, but much worse and disabling (especially sleep-I'm exhausted) during the time that I have been taking 500 mg daily Metformin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Steve
I am a 70+ male with nasal polyps. Years ago I experienced a stuffy nose with Flomax and now, after recently taking Finasteride for little over a month, I experiencd the same problem. Accordingly, I am unable to tolerate either drug.