Flomax and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Flomax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,675 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 30, 2017
29,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 167 people (0.56%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flomax when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 46.15 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.08 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Flomax *:
- female: 3.01 %
- male: 96.99 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.81 %
- 50-59: 24.41 %
- 60+: 63.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 15.57%)
- Enlarged Prostate (25 people, 14.97%)
- Constipation (11 people, 6.59%)
- Multiple Myeloma (9 people, 5.39%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (9 people, 5.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (46 people, 27.54%)
- Toprol-Xl (39 people, 23.35%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (32 people, 19.16%)
- Fluconazole (31 people, 18.56%)
- Lipitor (30 people, 17.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Back Pain (46 people, 27.54%)
- Stress And Anxiety (45 people, 26.95%)
- Osteomyelitis (44 people, 26.35%)
- Headache (43 people, 25.75%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (42 people, 25.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Flomax?
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 31,468 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).