Review: could Flonase cause Eustachian tube dysfunction (Ear barotrauma)?
Summary: Eustachian tube dysfunction is found among people who take Flonase, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Allegra, and have Ear barotrauma.
We study 16,885 people who have side effects while taking Flonase from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Eustachian tube dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Eustachian tube dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flonase and have Eustachian tube dysfunction >>>
Flonase has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 17,521 Flonase users)
Eustachian tube dysfunction
Eustachian tube dysfunction (eustachian tube problems like clearing the ears when flying, suffering infection, and recurring ear infection) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, arthritis, depression. (latest reports from 766 Eustachian tube dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 16,885 people reported to have side effects when taking Flonase. Among them, 22 people (0.13%) have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.
Time on Flonase when people have Eustachian tube dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eustachian tube dysfunction||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eustachian tube dysfunction when taking Flonase * :
|Eustachian tube dysfunction||91.67%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Eustachian tube dysfunction when taking Flonase * :
|Eustachian tube dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.78%||0.00%||16.67%||5.56%||50.00% |
Severity of Eustachian tube dysfunction when taking Flonase ** :
How people recovered from Eustachian tube dysfunction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eustachian tube dysfunction (12 people, 54.55%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 54.55%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 54.55%)
- Rhinitis allergic (12 people, 54.55%)
- Panic disorder (12 people, 54.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allegra (14 people, 63.64%)
- Nexium (13 people, 59.09%)
- Diflucan (13 people, 59.09%)
- Erythromycin (13 people, 59.09%)
- Prilosec (13 people, 59.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flonase and eustachian tube dysfunction on
Do you have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction while taking Flonase?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flonase and have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Flonase
- support group for people who have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Voltaren for a 65-year old man with Allergy To Animal, Inflammation Localised. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
Recent Flonase related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.