Flonase and Weight gain - unintentional - from FDA reports
Weight gain - unintentional is found among people who take Flonase, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Albuterol, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Weight gain - unintentional with Flonase. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,700 people who have side effects when taking Flonase from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
33,700 people reported to have side effects when taking Flonase.
Among them, 726 people (2.15%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flonase when people have Weight Gain - Unintentional *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 58.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 8.33 %
Gender of people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional when taking Flonase *:
- female: 76.44 %
- male: 23.56 %
Age of people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional when taking Flonase *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.69 %
- 10-19: 4.13 %
- 20-29: 3.19 %
- 30-39: 17.64 %
- 40-49: 20.83 %
- 50-59: 23.64 %
- 60+: 28.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (78 people, 10.74%)
- Depression (61 people, 8.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (60 people, 8.26%)
- Hypersensitivity (56 people, 7.71%)
- Asthma (56 people, 7.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Albuterol (115 people, 15.84%)
- Allegra (112 people, 15.43%)
- Zyrtec (109 people, 15.01%)
- Prilosec (104 people, 14.33%)
- Nexium (101 people, 13.91%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (171 people, 23.55%)
- Breathing Difficulty (154 people, 21.21%)
- Pain (131 people, 18.04%)
- Back Pain (124 people, 17.08%)
- Stress And Anxiety (123 people, 16.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Flonase?
- Check symptoms - is weight gain - unintentional caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Flonase has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Flonase 35,032 users)
Weight Gain - Unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 125,241 Weight gain - unintentional patients).
Browse all side effects of Flonasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight gain - unintentionalWeight gain - unintentional
Could your condition cause Weight gain - unintentionalWeight gain - unintentional
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
I have been using flonase for ~2 months and have developed a chronic cough to the point that I cannot sleep at night. The flonase was prescribed by my doctor to counteract ear infections. About a week ago the cough started after the flonase drained onto my tonsils. I have not sprayed my dose ...