Review: could Flovent cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Flovent, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Asthma.
We study 14,278 people who have side effects while taking Flovent from FDA and social media. Among them, 207 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flovent and have Muscle spasms >>>
Flovent has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Flovent 14,606 users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Muscle spasms 55,745 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 14,278 people reported to have side effects when taking Flovent. Among them, 207 people (1.45%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Flovent when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||72.73%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Flovent * :
|Muscle spasms||74.88%||25.12% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Flovent * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||2.65%||1.59%||2.12%||4.23%||37.04%||19.58%||32.80% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Flovent ** :
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (55 people, 26.57%)
- Multiple sclerosis (24 people, 11.59%)
- Pain (23 people, 11.11%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 8.21%)
- Depression (15 people, 7.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (52 people, 25.12%)
- Serevent (44 people, 21.26%)
- Singulair (39 people, 18.84%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 18.84%)
- Xanax (38 people, 18.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Flovent?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flovent and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Flovent
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Does flonase affect inr?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Anti Coagulation High, and takes Flonase)
On warfarin for target INR in 2.0 to 3.0 range. I started Flonase recently. Does Flonase affect INR?
More questions for: Flovent, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bad nosebleed (sudafed related?)
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Rhinitis Medicamentosa, and takes Phenylephrine Hydrochloride, Ocuclear, Flonase, Sudafed 12 Hour, Zicam)
I have the rhinitis as a result of rebound syndrome from using nasal sprays for years. I use the Flonase to somewhat alleviate the need for the over-the-counter sprays (first two drugs listed). In spite of that, I rarely, if ever, have nosebleeds. I also rarely, if ever, get colds. However, yesterda ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Cataracts at 40 and a long time flonase user
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Cataract Operation, and takes Flonase)
I just wanted to let people know that I had developed cataracts in both eyes after using Flonase for more than 20 years at the age of 40 and had to get them both removed. The only other medication I was on for long term was Claritan.
More reviews for: Flovent, Muscle spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Fluticasone Propionate for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Pain - Hip
Comments: very severe hip back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vyvanse, Flonase for a patient with Suppliment, Add, Multiple Allergies. The patient has Rectal Bleeding
Comments: Took me several years to figure out the connection here, because I have been on this medication steadily for so long. Also, I can't necessarily say that I experienced bleeding the entire time, but there were times during bleeding that I ran out of Flonase, and the bleeding stopped almost immediatel ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
Comments: I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
More related studies for: Flovent, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.