Review: could Fluconazole cause Alcohol interaction?
Summary: Alcohol interaction is reported only by a few people who take Fluconazole.
We study 19,827 people who have side effects while taking Fluconazole from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol interaction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Alcohol interaction >>>
Fluconazole has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Fluconazole 20,463 users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, personality disorder.(latest reports from Alcohol interaction 1,000 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 19,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Alcohol Interaction.
Time on Fluconazole when people have Alcohol interaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Alcohol interaction||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Fluconazole * :
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Alcohol interaction when taking Fluconazole ** :
How people recovered from Alcohol interaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrocortisone (1 people, 100.00%)
- Amoxicillin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Varenicline tartrate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Nicotine (1 people, 100.00%)
- Phenoxymethylpenicillin (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alcohol Interaction while taking Fluconazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Alcohol Interaction
- support group for people who take Fluconazole
- support group for people who have Alcohol Interaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How were you treated and what were the results of treatment for fluconazole rash reaction.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Severe Rash, and takes Fluconazole)
Broke out in general rash which became worse over time, even though I discontinued use of fluconazole. No underlying conditions or other drugs.
- Is 800mg of fluconazole @ day for valey fever extreme? could it cause hair loss?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Valley Fever Pneumonia, and takes Fluconazole)
Have been taking fluconazole (800mg) for 4 months. My hair is falling out. Could the fluconazole be the cause? My infectious Dr. doesn't seem to want to commit to saying it is the cause.
- What vitamins can not be taken with fluconazole? anyone know?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Lyme Disease, Arthritis, Migraines, Nural In Brain / Weight Loss, Seizures / Blackouts, Xanax, and takes Fluconazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Xanax)
I was thinking I heard that you can't take certain Vitamins while on Diflucan/ fluconazole. Has anyone heard of this before? Just trying to play it safe! Don't need any reactions. thanks Cin
- Does moringa cure pelvic inflammatory disease
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, and takes Diflucan)
Been trying to get pregnant for months but to no avail also I usually do nt have ovulation pains but for the past two months I've been having pains?
- How much moringa liquid extract can i take at a time
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Candidiasis, and takes Fluconazole)
I have candidiasis and still working to return to normal health, what do u suggest
More questions for: Fluconazole, Alcohol interaction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My daughter got sjs after taking fluconazole!!
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Steven Johnson Syndrome, and takes Fluconazole)
My daughter swelled up in her neck, hands, and face. Had severe blistering of her skin especially on her face and vaginal area. Had a radh over 80% of her body. She was dizzy, sick to the stomach, and itched enterally. She also started vaginally bleeding severely.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Fluconazole, Alcohol interaction
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a patient with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Shortness Of Breath, Alcohol Interaction
Comments: If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Diflucan for a patient with Allergies, Thrush. The patient has Fatigue, Nerve Pain
Comments: Mostly feet and leg pain. Also hands and face feel same thing but less severe.
It is worse in the evenings. Extremities feel swollen & hot like I'm getting a fever. Temp is mildly elevated and nothing appears to be swollen.
I am exhausted by the smallest amount of exercise, even walking a short ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Atenolol, Endep, Lyrica, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Oropharyngeal Candidiasis, High Blood Pressure, Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has
Comments: I have Fibromyalgia and Psoriatic Arthritis. Over the last 3 years I have had
Oropharyngeal candidiasis... now being treated with Diflucan. Diflucan has worked in the past.
I have experienced constant dry mouth since taking Lyrica and Endep... the only relief has been from chewing gum. Is this c ...
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a patient with Skin Infection - Yeast. The patient has Rectal Bleeding (bleeding from rectum)
Comments: 2 stools with blood covering stool. Minor burning sensation while evacuating stool. No other pain or side effects any other time. 2 months post partum, gestational high blood pressure, thrush and yeast infection on nipples.
- A study of side effects of Diflucan for a patient with Yeast Infection - Vagina. The patient has Synovial Cyst (cyst of joint filled with synovial fluid)
Comments: I took Diflucan (only 1 dose) and got 3 cysts - doctor confirmed they're harmless cysts. Several months later I took Diflucan again (only 1 dose) and the cysts got noticeably larger - the one in my ankle is now causing pain where is was not before.
More related studies for: Fluconazole, Alcohol interaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.