Review: could Fluconazole cause Bad breath (Breath odor)?
Summary: Bad breath is reported only by a few people who take Fluconazole.
We study 19,827 people who have side effects while taking Fluconazole from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad breath and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Bad breath >>>
Fluconazole has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Fluconazole 20,463 users)
Bad breath has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Bad breath 384 patients)
On Dec, 10, 2014: 19,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Bad Breath.
Time on Fluconazole when people have Bad breath * :
Age of people who have Bad breath when taking Fluconazole * :
|Bad breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Bad breath when taking Fluconazole ** :
How people recovered from Bad breath ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ipratropium bromide (1 people, 100.00%)
- Gabapentin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Trizivir (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Breath while taking Fluconazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Bad Breath
- support group for people who take Fluconazole
- support group for people who have Bad Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How were you treated and what were the results of treatment for fluconazole rash reaction.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Severe Rash, and takes Fluconazole)
Broke out in general rash which became worse over time, even though I discontinued use of fluconazole. No underlying conditions or other drugs.
- Is there an effective treatment for halitosis when taking levitra
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Halitosis, and takes Levitra)
When taking a Lavitra pill, even 1/2 tablet, I get halitosis, which is a negative for my partner. This symptom lasts about 24 hours.
- Is 800mg of fluconazole @ day for valey fever extreme? could it cause hair loss?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Valley Fever Pneumonia, and takes Fluconazole)
Have been taking fluconazole (800mg) for 4 months. My hair is falling out. Could the fluconazole be the cause? My infectious Dr. doesn't seem to want to commit to saying it is the cause.
- What vitamins can not be taken with fluconazole? anyone know?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Lyme Disease, Arthritis, Migraines, Nural In Brain / Weight Loss, Seizures / Blackouts, Xanax, and takes Fluconazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Xanax)
I was thinking I heard that you can't take certain Vitamins while on Diflucan/ fluconazole. Has anyone heard of this before? Just trying to play it safe! Don't need any reactions. thanks Cin
- Does dilatin and topomax cause bad breath and b.o
(Asked by a 36 year old man who has Bad Breath, Sweating Increased, and takes Dilantin-125, Topamax)
I take very good care of hygeine but still notice bad breath and excessive sweating with bad smell
More questions for: Fluconazole, Bad breath
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My daughter got sjs after taking fluconazole!!
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Steven Johnson Syndrome, and takes Fluconazole)
My daughter swelled up in her neck, hands, and face. Had severe blistering of her skin especially on her face and vaginal area. Had a radh over 80% of her body. She was dizzy, sick to the stomach, and itched enterally. She also started vaginally bleeding severely.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Fluconazole, Bad breath
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of drug interactions between Enalapril Maleate, Amlodipine, Efudex for a patient with Hypertension - Medication Related, Actinic Keratosis. The patient has Fatigue, Halitosis
Comments: Had 19 applications out of 21 of Efudex Cream. Patient also has Mantle Cell Lymphoma since 6-2007, treated twice with 8 treatments R-CHOP in 2008 and then again in 2011 with Bendamustine and Rituximab and now is in remission since 10/2011. Stopped taking Efudex 1 day ago. Skin itches, is red and fee ...
- A study of side effects of Adderall 10 for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Bowel Peristalsis Increased (wormlike movement by which the alimentary canal increased), Dry Mouth, Headache (pain in head), Breath Odor, Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth)
Comments: Loved the focus that came with adderall, if I take it with food there's no burping but I have burping spells every half hour or so if I don't eat when I take. The headache is 50/50, I use low-dose Tylenol if it's present. The most unsettling is the BO; I used to go a few days without anyone noticing ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Diflucan for a patient with Allergies, Thrush. The patient has Fatigue, Nerve Pain
Comments: Mostly feet and leg pain. Also hands and face feel same thing but less severe.
It is worse in the evenings. Extremities feel swollen & hot like I'm getting a fever. Temp is mildly elevated and nothing appears to be swollen.
I am exhausted by the smallest amount of exercise, even walking a short ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Tramadol, Xanax for a patient with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Pain, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Bad Breath, Feet,legs,arms,fingers And Toes Pins And Needles, Sleep Walking, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Skin Pale Or Gray, Headaches Everyday Sometimes Every Other Day, Toe Nails Are Peeling And Flaky, Neck Tightness, Bottoms Of Feet And Toes Are Peeling And Tender, Bottoms Of Big Toes Numb, Sometimes Hard To Get Out Of Bed And Walk, Feet, Ankles, Toes, Hands And Fingers Turn Purple And Swell Due To Poor Blood Circulation, Calves, Upper And Lower Arms And Shoulders Cramp, Numb, Tingle And Sensitive To Touch And Move, Muscle Cramps, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: Started 8 days ago with only left leg, knee to toes numb, tingly and pins and needles with my knee purple and reddish in color when I got cool. Next day it was the right leg, knee to toes along with the left. That night it was both arms elbow to fingertips along with the legs, knees to toes. Went to ...
More related studies for: Fluconazole, Bad breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.