Review: could Fluconazole cause Stomachache (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomachache is found among people who take Fluconazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Nausea.
We study 19,835 people who have side effects while taking Fluconazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 640 have Stomachache. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomachache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Stomachache >>>
Fluconazole has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from 20,470 Fluconazole users)
Stomachache (stomach pain) has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,096 Stomachache patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 19,835 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole. Among them, 640 people (3.23%) have Stomachache.
Time on Fluconazole when people have Stomachache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Stomachache when taking Fluconazole * :
Severity of Stomachache when taking Fluconazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Stomachache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (73 people, 11.41%)
- Hiv infection (60 people, 9.38%)
- Prophylaxis (59 people, 9.22%)
- Pain (58 people, 9.06%)
- Multiple myeloma (53 people, 8.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dexamethasone (133 people, 20.78%)
- Metronidazole (119 people, 18.59%)
- Omeprazole (109 people, 17.03%)
- Prednisone (109 people, 17.03%)
- Acyclovir (105 people, 16.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomachache while taking Fluconazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Stomachache
- support group for people who take Fluconazole
- support group for people who have Stomachache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of drug interactions between Azo Gantanol, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Hirsutism, Urgent Urination, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
- A study of drug interactions between Sinemet, Azilect for a 66-year old man with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Pain - Shoulder, Pain - Abdomen
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Diflucan, Diflucan for a 37-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Pericarditis. The patient has Tingling In Left Arm And Fingers, Shortness Of Breath, Severe Constipation, Confusion, Lethargy, Pain Radiating On Left Lower Back Area And Chest Area, Gurgling Of Stomach And Intestinal Tract, Headac
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
Recent Fluconazole related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.