Home > Fluconazole > Thrombocytopenia > Fluconazole and Thrombocytopenia
Review: could Fluconazole cause Thrombocytopenia?
Summary: Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Fluconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acyclovir, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 19,827 people who have side effects while taking Fluconazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 971 have Thrombocytopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Thrombocytopenia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Thrombocytopenia >>>
Fluconazole (latest outcomes from 20,457 users) has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection.
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) (latest reports from 57,565 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 19,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole. Among them, 971 people (4.90%) have Thrombocytopenia.
Time on Fluconazole when people have Thrombocytopenia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole * :
Severity of Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole ** :
How people recovered from Thrombocytopenia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (90 people, 9.27%)
- Multiple myeloma (86 people, 8.86%)
- Pain (48 people, 4.94%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (48 people, 4.94%)
- Oropharyngeal candidiasis (39 people, 4.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acyclovir (181 people, 18.64%)
- Vancomycin (141 people, 14.52%)
- Ciprofloxacin (140 people, 14.42%)
- Omeprazole (135 people, 13.90%)
- Furosemide (129 people, 13.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia while taking Fluconazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Thrombocytopenia
- support group for people who take Fluconazole
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How were you treated and what were the results of treatment for fluconazole rash reaction.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Severe Rash, and takes Fluconazole)
Broke out in general rash which became worse over time, even though I discontinued use of fluconazole. No underlying conditions or other drugs.
- Is 800mg of fluconazole @ day for valey fever extreme? could it cause hair loss?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Valley Fever Pneumonia, and takes Fluconazole)
Have been taking fluconazole (800mg) for 4 months. My hair is falling out. Could the fluconazole be the cause? My infectious Dr. doesn't seem to want to commit to saying it is the cause.
- How often does thromboyctopenia occur?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Thrombocytopenia, and takes Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Flomax, Lisinopril, Coumadin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Colace)
73 year old patient with thrombocytopenia of unknown origin. He has failed Rituxin treatments and initial therapy with steroids has actually caused his platelets to lower. Requesting to see if his current medications may be the culprit.
- What vitamins can not be taken with fluconazole? anyone know?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Lyme Disease, Arthritis, Migraines, Nural In Brain / Weight Loss, Seizures / Blackouts, Xanax, and takes Fluconazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Xanax)
I was thinking I heard that you can't take certain Vitamins while on Diflucan/ fluconazole. Has anyone heard of this before? Just trying to play it safe! Don't need any reactions. thanks Cin
- Does moringa cure pelvic inflammatory disease
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, and takes Diflucan)
Been trying to get pregnant for months but to no avail also I usually do nt have ovulation pains but for the past two months I've been having pains?
More questions for: Fluconazole, Thrombocytopenia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My daughter got sjs after taking fluconazole!!
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Steven Johnson Syndrome, and takes Fluconazole)
My daughter swelled up in her neck, hands, and face. Had severe blistering of her skin especially on her face and vaginal area. Had a radh over 80% of her body. She was dizzy, sick to the stomach, and itched enterally. She also started vaginally bleeding severely.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Fluconazole, Thrombocytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Prednisolone, Vitamin E, Tegretol, Aspirin for a patient with Health, Abortion, Antioxidant Therapy, Epilepsy, Abortion Spontaneous. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Allergic Cough
Comments: The most annoying was cough and I keep coughing till I get birth with my litle dead girl cough is just gone
I was 24 weeks when she suddenly stopped moving and doctor said there is no pulse
now I am pregnant again with same symptoms
- A study of side effects of Dapsone for a patient with Urticaria Chronic. The patient has Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood), Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema (severe swelling can cause permanent damage to nerves, resulting in peripheral neuropathy), Methemoglobinemia - Acquired (induced a blood disorder in which an abnormal amount of methemoglobin), Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
Comments: Significant Lower extremity edema started after 3 doses of Dapsone 100 mg. NOS. Severe edema at 14 days. Lab results show drop in H&H with hemolysis evident. Day after stopping Dapsone onset of significant fatigue, activity intolerance, SOB and pallor. Methemoglobin level from ABG was 8. Platelets ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Diflucan for a patient with Allergies, Thrush. The patient has Fatigue, Nerve Pain
Comments: Mostly feet and leg pain. Also hands and face feel same thing but less severe.
It is worse in the evenings. Extremities feel swollen & hot like I'm getting a fever. Temp is mildly elevated and nothing appears to be swollen.
I am exhausted by the smallest amount of exercise, even walking a short ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Atenolol, Endep, Lyrica, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Oropharyngeal Candidiasis, High Blood Pressure, Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has
Comments: I have Fibromyalgia and Psoriatic Arthritis. Over the last 3 years I have had
Oropharyngeal candidiasis... now being treated with Diflucan. Diflucan has worked in the past.
I have experienced constant dry mouth since taking Lyrica and Endep... the only relief has been from chewing gum. Is this c ...
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a patient with Skin Infection - Yeast. The patient has Rectal Bleeding (bleeding from rectum)
Comments: 2 stools with blood covering stool. Minor burning sensation while evacuating stool. No other pain or side effects any other time. 2 months post partum, gestational high blood pressure, thrush and yeast infection on nipples.
More related studies for: Fluconazole, Thrombocytopenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.