Fluconazole and Thrombocytopenia - from FDA reports
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Fluconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acyclovir, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Thrombocytopenia with Fluconazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,399 people who have side effects when taking Fluconazole from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
30,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole.
Among them, 2,025 people (6.66%) have Thrombocytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fluconazole when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 71.6 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.99 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.48 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.93 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole *:
- female: 41.65 %
- male: 58.35 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.91 %
- 2-9: 1.6 %
- 10-19: 4.05 %
- 20-29: 3.99 %
- 30-39: 8.55 %
- 40-49: 12.99 %
- 50-59: 19.15 %
- 60+: 48.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (271 people, 13.38%)
- Multiple Myeloma (232 people, 11.46%)
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (101 people, 4.99%)
- Pain (97 people, 4.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (76 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acyclovir (309 people, 15.26%)
- Dexamethasone (208 people, 10.27%)
- Omeprazole (200 people, 9.88%)
- Allopurinol (196 people, 9.68%)
- Furosemide (189 people, 9.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (437 people, 21.58%)
- Agranulocytosis (404 people, 19.95%)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased (346 people, 17.09%)
- Fever (342 people, 16.89%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (308 people, 15.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole?
- Check symptoms - is thrombocytopenia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThrombocytopenia and drugs with ingredients of fluconazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThrombocytopenia and Fluconazole from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fluconazole has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Fluconazole 31,396 users)
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 144,868 Thrombocytopenia patients).
Browse all side effects of Fluconazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia
Could your condition cause ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My Doctor told me I have low vitamin D and he also has me on Crestor 5 mg once a day, also knows I take ibuprofen for pain. Also low Vitamin B history. Blood work just done had platelets 134 then repeat came in at 100. Said I need to see hematologist for low platelets. Never said to stop ...
User reviews to the study
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan
Every time I use diflucan for a yeast infection, as soon as I swallow the pill momentarily after a tingling feeling occurs just above my lip on the left side. It then swells and becomes red. It sometime feels like little needles are poking at it. After two days or so the swelling goes away but ...
I am 24 and was put on fluconazole for 3 month due to foliculitis. I then decided to stop on my own due to it not working at all. About 1 month has passed by and I just found out that I now have shingles..