Review: could Fluoxetine hydrochloride cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Depression.
We study 3,516 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Fluoxetine hydrochloride has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 4,225 Fluoxetine hydrochloride users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,273 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 3,516 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Among them, 38 people (1.08%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Fluoxetine hydrochloride when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||20.83%||33.33%||37.50% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 18.42%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 15.79%)
- Pain (5 people, 13.16%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 7.89%)
- Ovarian cancer (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (11 people, 28.95%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 18.42%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 15.79%)
- Forteo (6 people, 15.79%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Fluoxetine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Urinary tract infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 50-year old woman with PMS. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Metformin, Klonopin, Lamictal, Prozac, Abilify for a 41-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Depression. The patient has Pain - Muscles, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fluoxetine, Methyldopa, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 32-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Mood Stabilizer, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy, Tiredness, Short-term Memory Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Hostility, Anger
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 56-year old woman with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Post Nasal Drip Sore Throat Cough Short Of Breath
Recent Fluoxetine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.