Review: could Fluoxetine hydrochloride cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Depression.
We study 3,517 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Fluoxetine hydrochloride has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 4,226 Fluoxetine hydrochloride users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,299 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 3,517 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Among them, 38 people (1.08%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Fluoxetine hydrochloride when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||20.83%||33.33%||37.50% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Fluoxetine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 18.42%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 15.79%)
- Pain (5 people, 13.16%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 7.89%)
- Ovarian cancer (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (11 people, 28.95%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 18.42%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 15.79%)
- Forteo (6 people, 15.79%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Fluoxetine hydrochloride and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Fluoxetine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 64-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depression. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Advair Diskus 500/50, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Clonidine, Lamictal, Prozac, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Ambien for a 28-year old woman with Asthma, Allergy To Animal, Depression - Chronic, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Gad, Insomnia.
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman with Menopause Hot Flashes, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Fluoxetine for a 44-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Depression. The patient has Fear Of Needles
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 22-year old woman with Major Depression. The patient has Can't Focus Mind, Dissociation
Recent Fluoxetine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.