Review: could Fluoxetine cause Accelerated hypertension (Malignant hypertension (arteriolar nephrosclerosis))?
Summary: Accelerated hypertension is reported only by a few people who take Fluoxetine.
We study 26,422 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Accelerated hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Accelerated hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Accelerated hypertension >>>
Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine 28,128 users)
Accelerated hypertension (significant hypertension) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, pain, joint pain.(latest reports from Accelerated hypertension 306 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 26,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine. Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Accelerated Hypertension.
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Accelerated hypertension * :
Age of people who have Accelerated hypertension when taking Fluoxetine * :
|Accelerated hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Accelerated hypertension when taking Fluoxetine ** :
How people recovered from Accelerated hypertension ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psoriasis (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Primaxin (3 people, 75.00%)
- Amlodipine (3 people, 75.00%)
- Heparin (3 people, 75.00%)
- Amikacin (3 people, 75.00%)
- Calcium carbonate (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Accelerated Hypertension while taking Fluoxetine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Accelerated Hypertension
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine
- support group for people who have Accelerated Hypertension
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Cough, and takes Nexium, Prozac)
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, and takes Fluoxetine)
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
More questions for: Fluoxetine, Accelerated hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Oral Candidiasis, and takes Fluoxetine, Baclofen, Gabapentin)
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Prozac and palpitations
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Depression - Chronic, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Prozac)
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Fluoxetine, Accelerated hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vistaril, Prozac, Xanax for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Medical Observation Abnormal, Medical Problems Caused From Hard Work All My Life, Major Depression
Comments: You can say I've give on everything. I stay in my bedroom all the time. I dont like to be around no one and don't like to do nothing no more. This has been going on for over two years now. I can't get no help or insurance to get my medical problems. I guess the government is just waiting for us sick ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a patient with Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: irritability and lack of patience with myself
More related studies for: Fluoxetine, Accelerated hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.