Review: could Fluoxetine cause Accidental overdose (Accidental Overdose (therapeutic Agent))?
Summary: Accidental overdose is found among people who take Fluoxetine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Depression.
We study 26,471 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine from FDA and social media. Among them, 123 have Accidental overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Accidental overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Accidental overdose >>>
Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 28,179 Fluoxetine users)
Accidental overdose has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, accidental exposure, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 12,431 Accidental overdose patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 26,471 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine. Among them, 123 people (0.46%) have Accidental Overdose.
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Accidental overdose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Accidental overdose||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Accidental overdose when taking Fluoxetine * :
|Accidental overdose||0.00%||1.48%||0.00%||11.11%||16.30%||33.33%||28.89%||8.89% |
Severity of Accidental overdose when taking Fluoxetine ** :
How people recovered from Accidental overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 12.20%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 4.07%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.07%)
- Cataplexy (5 people, 4.07%)
- Back pain (4 people, 3.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (53 people, 43.09%)
- Diazepam (29 people, 23.58%)
- Alprazolam (20 people, 16.26%)
- Oxycontin (18 people, 14.63%)
- Fluoxetine hcl (18 people, 14.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Fluoxetine and accidental overdose on
Do you have Accidental Overdose while taking Fluoxetine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Accidental Overdose
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine
- support group for people who have Accidental Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide for a 70-year old man with Depression - Elderly, High Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat, Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus, Deafness
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 64-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depression. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Advair Diskus 500/50, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Clonidine, Lamictal, Prozac, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Ambien for a 28-year old woman with Asthma, Allergy To Animal, Depression - Chronic, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Gad, Insomnia.
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman with Menopause Hot Flashes, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Fluoxetine for a 44-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Depression. The patient has Fear Of Needles
Recent Fluoxetine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Microgestin 1.5/30 for a 46-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.