Home > Fluoxetine > Epilepsy > Fluoxetine and Epilepsy
Review: could Fluoxetine cause Epilepsy?
We study 26,408 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Epilepsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Epilepsy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Epilepsy >>>
Fluoxetine (latest outcomes from 28,105 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 71,072 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 26,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine. Among them, 105 people (0.40%) have Epilepsy.
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Epilepsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Epilepsy when taking Fluoxetine * :
Severity of Epilepsy when taking Fluoxetine ** :
How people recovered from Epilepsy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (62 people, 59.05%)
- Anxiety (37 people, 35.24%)
- Lower respiratory tract infection (37 people, 35.24%)
- Bladder irritation (36 people, 34.29%)
- Pollakiuria (28 people, 26.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clarithromycin (37 people, 35.24%)
- Tolterodine tartrate (37 people, 35.24%)
- Fluoxetine hcl (17 people, 16.19%)
- Clozaril (14 people, 13.33%)
- Lamotrigine (11 people, 10.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy while taking Fluoxetine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Epilepsy
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Fluoxetine, Epilepsy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Levaquin side effects
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Prozac and palpitations
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Former mirena user/ epileptic / never again
I had my Mirena IUD inserted in March of 2006. I had my first seizure in 2008. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. I had the IUD removed in 2008. I delivered my second child in 2008 I had preterm labor with my son my cervix started dilating at 25 weeks. I was on bed rest for the remainder 14 weeks. ...
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Fluoxetine, Epilepsy
On eHealthMe, Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Fluoxetine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fluoxetine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Fluoxetine, Epilepsy
Recent Fluoxetine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac for a 38-year old man who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Paxil, Xanax, Prozac for a 76-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate for a 29-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Prozac for a 36-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Paxil, Lexapro, Prozac for a 29-year old woman who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Prozac, for a 44-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro, Prozac, Luvox for a 52-year old man who has OCD
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin for a 49-year old woman who has Almarie D
- Comparions of Prozac, Celexa, Lexapro for a 52-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, LEXAPRO for a 52-year old woman who has Anxiety
More related comparison studies for: Fluoxetine, Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Levothyroxine Sodium
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia and Xanax
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
Recent user comments
- "ALTHOUGH SOMEWHAT NOTICING SOME SMALL LOSS OF MEMORY, ... " (52 seconds ago)
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (5 hours ago)
- Volvulus Of Small Bowel
- Oesophageal Adenocarcinoma Recurrent