Home > Fluoxetine > Pulmonary fibrosis > Fluoxetine and Pulmonary fibrosis
Review: could Fluoxetine cause Pulmonary fibrosis (Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)?
We study 26,408 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Pulmonary fibrosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary fibrosis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Pulmonary fibrosis >>>
Fluoxetine (latest outcomes from 28,105 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Pulmonary fibrosis (formation or development of excess fibrous connective tissue (fibrosis) in the lungs) (latest reports from 60,546 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 26,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine. Among them, 84 people (0.32%) have Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Pulmonary fibrosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pulmonary fibrosis||5.56%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00%||88.89%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Fluoxetine * :
|Pulmonary fibrosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.39%||1.39%||9.72%||23.61%||63.89% |
Severity of Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Fluoxetine ** :
How people recovered from Pulmonary fibrosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (32 people, 38.10%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 11.90%)
- Seronegative arthritis (9 people, 10.71%)
- Neoplasm malignant (9 people, 10.71%)
- Anaemia (6 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (24 people, 28.57%)
- Warfarin sodium (17 people, 20.24%)
- Digoxin (17 people, 20.24%)
- Methotrexate (14 people, 16.67%)
- Ramipril (13 people, 15.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Fibrosis while taking Fluoxetine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Pulmonary Fibrosis
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine
- support group for people who have Pulmonary Fibrosis
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Fluoxetine, Pulmonary fibrosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
More reviews for: Fluoxetine, Pulmonary fibrosis
On eHealthMe, Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Fluoxetine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fluoxetine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Fluoxetine, Pulmonary fibrosis
Recent Fluoxetine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fluoxetine, Pulmonary fibrosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Calcium Gluconate
- Second Degree Burn
- Upper Limb Deformity