Review: could Fluoxetine cause Pulmonary fibrosis (Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)?
Summary: Pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who take Fluoxetine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Folic acid, and have Depression.
We study 26,451 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Pulmonary fibrosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary fibrosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Pulmonary fibrosis >>>
Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 28,164 Fluoxetine users)
Pulmonary fibrosis (formation or development of excess fibrous connective tissue (fibrosis) in the lungs) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 10,006 Pulmonary fibrosis patients)
On Feb, 19, 2015: 26,451 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine. Among them, 84 people (0.32%) have Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Pulmonary fibrosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pulmonary fibrosis||5.56%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00%||88.89%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Fluoxetine * :
|Pulmonary fibrosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.39%||1.39%||9.72%||23.61%||63.89% |
Severity of Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Fluoxetine ** :
How people recovered from Pulmonary fibrosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (32 people, 38.10%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 11.90%)
- Seronegative arthritis (9 people, 10.71%)
- Neoplasm malignant (9 people, 10.71%)
- Anaemia (6 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (24 people, 28.57%)
- Warfarin sodium (17 people, 20.24%)
- Digoxin (17 people, 20.24%)
- Methotrexate (14 people, 16.67%)
- Ramipril (13 people, 15.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Fibrosis while taking Fluoxetine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Pulmonary Fibrosis
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine
- support group for people who have Pulmonary Fibrosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Depression, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Losartan, Omeprazole, Crestor, Prozac for a 68-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Acid Reflux, Hypercholesterolemia, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Weight Gain, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril, Prevacid, Armour Thyroid, Imuran, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Soma for a 64-year old woman with Sinusitis Acute, Low Back Pain, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Sjogren's Syndrome, Chronic Depression, Muscle Rigidity. The patient has Depression, Back Pain, Gerd, Sjogren's Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 41-year old woman with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Distractibility (inability to sustain one's attention), Sudden Forgetfulness, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Adderall for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Add. The patient has Chest Pain
Recent Fluoxetine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 73-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Neurontin, Prozac, Latuda for a 14-year old girl who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Prozac, Ritalin, Suboxone, Xanax for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.