Home > Fluoxetine > Shingles > Fluoxetine and Shingles
Review: could Fluoxetine cause Shingles (Herpes zoster)?
We study 26,408 people who have side effects while taking Fluoxetine from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Shingles. Find out below who they are, when they have Shingles and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Shingles >>>
Fluoxetine (latest outcomes from 28,105 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 117,184 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 26,387 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine. Among them, 48 people (0.18%) have Shingles.
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Shingles * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Fluoxetine * :
Severity of Shingles when taking Fluoxetine ** :
How people recovered from Shingles ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 20.83%)
- Pain (7 people, 14.58%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 10.42%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (4 people, 8.33%)
- Muscle spasticity (3 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (20 people, 41.67%)
- Potassium chloride (18 people, 37.50%)
- Furosemide (18 people, 37.50%)
- Prednisone (17 people, 35.42%)
- Vicodin (17 people, 35.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shingles while taking Fluoxetine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Shingles
- support group for people who take Fluoxetine
- support group for people who have Shingles
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fluoxetine, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
More reviews for: Fluoxetine, Shingles
On eHealthMe, Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Fluoxetine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fluoxetine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Fluoxetine, Shingles
Recent Fluoxetine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fluoxetine, Shingles
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (23 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Quit Smoking
- Alpha Lipoic Acid Extract
- Kidney Absent