Review: could Fluticasone propionate cause Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation/flutter is found among people who take Fluticasone propionate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 10,072 people who have side effects while taking Fluticasone propionate from FDA and social media. Among them, 191 have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation/flutter and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fluticasone propionate and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter >>>
Fluticasone propionate has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 10,510 Fluticasone propionate users)
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 86,721 Atrial fibrillation/flutter patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 10,072 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluticasone propionate. Among them, 191 people (1.90%) have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter.
Time on Fluticasone propionate when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||14.29%||0.00%||42.86%||14.29%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Fluticasone propionate * :
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||49.52%||50.48% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Fluticasone propionate * :
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||0.00%||0.00%||1.05%||2.09%||3.14%||7.85%||3.14%||82.72% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Fluticasone propionate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation/flutter ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (27 people, 14.14%)
- Asthma (20 people, 10.47%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 9.95%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (12 people, 6.28%)
- Chronic obstructive airways disease (12 people, 6.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (59 people, 30.89%)
- Albuterol (44 people, 23.04%)
- Furosemide (40 people, 20.94%)
- Digoxin (37 people, 19.37%)
- Warfarin sodium (28 people, 14.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fluticasone propionate and atrial fibrillation/flutter on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter while taking Fluticasone Propionate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fluticasone propionate and have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- support group for people who take Fluticasone propionate
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Flonase for a 40-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Prevacid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Flonase, Provera, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zithromax for a 44-year old woman with Allergies, Ulcer - Stomach, Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Multiple Allergies, No Periods, High Blood Pressure, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Tongue Coated
- A study of drug interactions between Flovent, Clonidine, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Succinate, Zoloft, Seroquel, Clonazepam, Geodon for a 46-year old man with Asthma, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Fluticasone Propionate for a 27-year old woman with Allergies. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
Recent Fluticasone propionate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.