Review: could Fluvoxamine maleate cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Fluvoxamine maleate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Diovan, and have Major depression.
We study 2,521 people who have side effects while taking Fluvoxamine maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fluvoxamine maleate and have Tinnitus >>>
Fluvoxamine maleate has active ingredients of fluvoxamine maleate. It is often used in obsessive-compulsive disorder. (latest outcomes from 2,647 Fluvoxamine maleate users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 2,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluvoxamine maleate. Among them, 9 people (0.36%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Fluvoxamine maleate when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Fluvoxamine maleate * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Fluvoxamine maleate * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Fluvoxamine maleate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Major depression (5 people, 55.56%)
- Psychotic disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
- Ocd (2 people, 22.22%)
- Depression (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan (2 people, 22.22%)
- Geodon (2 people, 22.22%)
- Diltiazem (2 people, 22.22%)
- Actos (2 people, 22.22%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fluvoxamine maleate and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Fluvoxamine Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fluvoxamine maleate and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Fluvoxamine maleate
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 18-year old boy with Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss, Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Colofac for a 66-year old woman with IBS. The patient has Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Recent Fluvoxamine maleate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Luvox for a 28-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro, Prozac, Luvox for a 52-year old man who has OCD
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Fluvoxamine Maleate, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Fluvoxamine Maleate, Viibryd for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.