Focalin and Acne - from FDA reports
Acne is found among people who take Focalin, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old also take medication Singulair, and have Failure to thrive. This review analyzes which people have Acne with Focalin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,046 people who have side effects when taking Focalin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
2,046 people reported to have side effects when taking Focalin.
Among them, 7 people (0.34%) have Acne
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Focalin *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Focalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 80 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Swelling (2 people, 28.57%)
- Hypersensitivity (2 people, 28.57%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 28.57%)
- Failure To Thrive (2 people, 28.57%)
- Mood Swings (1 person, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (3 people, 42.86%)
- Xopenex (2 people, 28.57%)
- Vyvanse (2 people, 28.57%)
- Epipen (2 people, 28.57%)
- Botox (2 people, 28.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rosacea (2 people, 28.57%)
- Pain In Extremity (2 people, 28.57%)
- Headache (2 people, 28.57%)
- Asthma Exercise Induced (2 people, 28.57%)
- Abnormal Behavior (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne when taking Focalin?
Focalin has active ingredients of dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Focalin 2,727 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 46,746 Acne patients).