Review: could Focalin cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
Summary: Memory impairment is found among people who take Focalin, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Focalin xr, and have Depression.
We study 1,155 people who have side effects while taking Focalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Focalin and have Memory impairment >>>
Focalin has active ingredients of dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 1,592 Focalin users)
Memory impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,452 Memory impairment patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 1,155 people reported to have side effects when taking Focalin. Among them, 21 people (1.82%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Focalin when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||18.18%||27.27%||18.18%||9.09%||18.18%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Memory impairment when taking Focalin * :
|Memory impairment||44.00%||56.00% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Focalin * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||12.50%||37.50%||0.00%||12.50%||18.75%||6.25%||12.50% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Focalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||12.50%||62.50%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (9 people, 42.86%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (4 people, 19.05%)
- Adhd (4 people, 19.05%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 14.29%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Focalin xr (12 people, 57.14%)
- Aleve (5 people, 23.81%)
- Prozac (5 people, 23.81%)
- Metadate cd (3 people, 14.29%)
- Fluticasone propionate (3 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of focalin and memory impairment on
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Focalin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Focalin and have Memory Impairment
- support group for people who take Focalin
- support group for people who have Memory Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 79-year old man with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, B-12, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 48-year old woman with Heart Disease, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety. The patient has Forgetfulness, Stammering, Disorientation
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fluoxetine, Methyldopa, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 32-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Mood Stabilizer, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy, Tiredness, Short-term Memory Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Hostility, Anger
Recent Focalin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.