Review: could Folic acid cause Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Summary: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,123 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 697 have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels. (latest outcomes from Folic acid 84,787 users)
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.(latest reports from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 48,476 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 84,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 697 people (0.83%) have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Time on Folic acid when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||15.38%||7.69%||0.00%||30.77%||0.00%||30.77%||15.38% |
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Folic acid * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.52%||0.00%||0.00%||0.35%||1.04%||7.12%||16.67%||74.31% |
Severity of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (184 people, 26.40%)
- Osteoporosis (92 people, 13.20%)
- Hypertension (91 people, 13.06%)
- Pain (61 people, 8.75%)
- Depression (53 people, 7.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (278 people, 39.89%)
- Methotrexate (211 people, 30.27%)
- Prednisone (200 people, 28.69%)
- Lasix (198 people, 28.41%)
- Zometa (150 people, 21.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hirsutism, Androgenic Alopecia In Women, and takes Folic Acid, Finasteride )
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Does your menstral cycle change are prolong once u stop talking cellcept been off for 6 to 7 months
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Off The Meds And Menastration Want Leave Been Down, and takes Folic Acid)
I'm 25 yrs of age I live in new Orleans la I've been diagnosed with sle systematic lupus at the age of 20 I've had hair loss gained weight loss weight and hair but my main problem is I just want one kid my Dr took me off the cellcept 6 to 7 months ago an now my menstrual cycle want leave its heavy t ...
More questions for: Folic acid, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Folic acid, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of drug interactions between Indian Tumeric, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Mobic, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Arthritis
Comments: I am in menopause and no longer experience hot flashes. I have very low heat tolerance and often am feeling uncomfortably hot. I awake every night around 4:00 am and am drenched in sweat even tho I sleep under 2 fans in addition to AC. It takes some time to get cooled off enough to fall back to slee ...
More related studies for: Folic acid, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.