Review: could Folic acid cause Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Summary: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,152 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 697 have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Folic acid and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels. (latest outcomes from 84,816 Folic acid users)
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 49,430 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 84,152 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 697 people (0.83%) have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Time on Folic acid when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||15.38%||7.69%||0.00%||30.77%||0.00%||30.77%||15.38% |
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Folic acid * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.52%||0.00%||0.00%||0.35%||1.04%||7.12%||16.67%||74.31% |
Severity of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (184 people, 26.40%)
- Osteoporosis (92 people, 13.20%)
- Hypertension (91 people, 13.06%)
- Pain (61 people, 8.75%)
- Depression (53 people, 7.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (278 people, 39.89%)
- Methotrexate (211 people, 30.27%)
- Prednisone (200 people, 28.69%)
- Lasix (198 people, 28.41%)
- Zometa (150 people, 21.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of folic acid and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on
Do you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Asacol, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Stelara for a 19-year old boy with Lupus-like Syndrome, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Acne Rosacea
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Acetate, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Flat Bones, General Health, Low Thyroid, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Jaw Inflammation
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 51-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.