Review: could Folic acid cause Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Summary: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,166 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 697 have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Folic acid and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 84,827 Folic acid users)
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 49,446 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients)
On Apr, 22, 2015: 84,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 697 people (0.83%) have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Time on Folic acid when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||15.38%||7.69%||0.00%||30.77%||0.00%||30.77%||15.38% |
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Folic acid * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.52%||0.00%||0.00%||0.35%||1.04%||7.12%||16.67%||74.31% |
Severity of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (184 people, 26.40%)
- Osteoporosis (92 people, 13.20%)
- Hypertension (91 people, 13.06%)
- Pain (61 people, 8.75%)
- Depression (53 people, 7.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (278 people, 39.89%)
- Methotrexate (211 people, 30.27%)
- Prednisone (200 people, 28.69%)
- Lasix (198 people, 28.41%)
- Zometa (150 people, 21.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of folic acid and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on
Do you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal for a 17-year old girl with Acne And Teenagers, Epilepsy. The patient has Skin - Dry, Menstruation Irregular, Lump In The Neck, Paleness, Weight Below Normal
- A study of side effects of Folic Acid for a 60-year old man with Sepsis. The patient has Methotrexate - Serum
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Orencia, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Arthritis - Rheumatoid. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Protonix, Folic Acid for a 50-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, 5'-methyltetrahydrofolate for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.