Review: could Folic acid cause Deep vein thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Deep vein thrombosis is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,123 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 763 have Deep vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Deep vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Deep vein thrombosis >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels. (view latest outcomes from 84,782 users)
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Deep vein thrombosis 42,666 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 84,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 763 people (0.91%) have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Folic acid when people have Deep vein thrombosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Deep vein thrombosis||14.29%||23.81%||33.33%||14.29%||0.00%||4.76%||9.52% |
Age of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Folic acid * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.15%||0.00%||0.45%||4.63%||9.42%||17.34%||18.98%||49.03% |
Severity of Deep vein thrombosis when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Deep vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (196 people, 25.69%)
- Pain (75 people, 9.83%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 6.03%)
- Contraception (42 people, 5.50%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 5.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (258 people, 33.81%)
- Prednisone (177 people, 23.20%)
- Coumadin (164 people, 21.49%)
- Aspirin (143 people, 18.74%)
- Vitamin b-12 (112 people, 14.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Deep Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Deep Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Folic acid, Deep vein thrombosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothes all around my bed. Doctor has prescribed a beta blocker to alleviate the sweats, but there is no change. Short term memory is poor - could the Z pill be causing this?
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone has these symptoms they should get treatment.I was lucky as my DVT showed itself a week later and I finally brought treatment.I hope it helps others.
More reviews for: Folic acid, Deep vein thrombosis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- I am in menopause and no longer experience hot flashes. I have very low heat tolerance and often am feeling uncomfortably hot. I awake every night around 4:00 am and am drenched in sweat even tho I sleep under 2 fans in addition to AC. It takes some time to get cooled off enough to fall back to slee ...
- I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all ...
More related studies for: Folic acid, Deep vein thrombosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.