Review: could Folic acid cause Deep vein thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Deep vein thrombosis is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,166 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 763 have Deep vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Deep vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Folic acid and have Deep vein thrombosis >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 84,827 Folic acid users)
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, acne. (latest reports from 43,399 Deep vein thrombosis patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 84,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 763 people (0.91%) have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Folic acid when people have Deep vein thrombosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Deep vein thrombosis||14.29%||23.81%||33.33%||14.29%||0.00%||4.76%||9.52% |
Age of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Folic acid * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.15%||0.00%||0.45%||4.63%||9.42%||17.34%||18.98%||49.03% |
Severity of Deep vein thrombosis when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Deep vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (196 people, 25.69%)
- Pain (75 people, 9.83%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 6.03%)
- Contraception (42 people, 5.50%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 5.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (258 people, 33.81%)
- Prednisone (177 people, 23.20%)
- Coumadin (164 people, 21.49%)
- Aspirin (143 people, 18.74%)
- Vitamin b-12 (112 people, 14.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of folic acid and deep vein thrombosis on
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Deep Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Deep Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Folic Acid for a 60-year old man with Sepsis. The patient has Methotrexate - Serum
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Orencia, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Arthritis - Rheumatoid. The patient has Joint Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Protonix, Folic Acid for a 50-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, 5'-methyltetrahydrofolate for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.