Review: could Folic acid cause Difficulty breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty breathing is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,152 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,813 have Difficulty breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Folic acid and have Difficulty breathing >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels. (latest outcomes from 84,821 Folic acid users)
Difficulty breathing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Difficulty breathing patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 84,152 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 3,813 people (4.53%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Folic acid when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||16.28%||31.40%||27.91%||5.81%||6.98%||9.30%||2.33% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Folic acid * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.24%||0.12%||1.67%||3.78%||5.45%||13.58%||21.22%||53.93% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Folic acid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||10.00%||80.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||28.57%||0.00%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (989 people, 25.94%)
- Hypertension (325 people, 8.52%)
- Pain (324 people, 8.50%)
- Prophylaxis (201 people, 5.27%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (190 people, 4.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (1,139 people, 29.87%)
- Aspirin (858 people, 22.50%)
- Prednisone (691 people, 18.12%)
- Humira (611 people, 16.02%)
- Lasix (488 people, 12.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Difficulty Breathing while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Difficulty Breathing
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Difficulty Breathing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 51-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.