Review: could Folic acid cause Dizziness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 84,051 people who take Folic acid. Among them, 2,799 have Dizziness. See who they are, when they have Dizziness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Folic acid (latest outcomes from 84,660 users) has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis, therapeutic drug levels. Commonly reported side effects of Folic acid include nausea aggravated, nausea, breathing difficulty, fatigue, weakness.
Dizziness (latest reports from 1,269,182 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 20, 2014: 80,622 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 2,636 people (3.27%) have Dizziness.
Time on Folic acid when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Folic acid * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Folic acid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (665 people, 25.23%)
- Hypertension (262 people, 9.94%)
- Osteoporosis (174 people, 6.60%)
- Pain (173 people, 6.56%)
- Depression (120 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (803 people, 30.46%)
- Aspirin (718 people, 27.24%)
- Prednisone (460 people, 17.45%)
- Humira (453 people, 17.19%)
- Vitamin b-12 (307 people, 11.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Folic acid, Dizziness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Folic Acid (folic acid) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Folic Acid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Folic Acid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Folic acid side effects from A to Z:
Browse Folic acid drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
For the past few months I have been craving sweets and getting up at night to eat. It's like some filter of block has been removed and I eat whatever with no discretion or moderation. Doesn't happen every night. I know I am stressed due to family deaths and recently moving. I had previously lost 60 lbs & have gained 10 back
From this study (2 months ago):
Ear congestion in one ear, hearing compromised in that ear and mild ear pain, some dizziness. Several days ago severe vertigo causing throwing up. Vertigo gone now.
From this study (1 year ago):
i have had these symptoms now for 3 weeks with no change my white blood cells are elevated previously 1 week they were 20,000 now on new blood test i have 18,600 whits blood cells and now the granulocyte maturation with no blast.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Folic acid, Dizziness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
More reviews for: Folic acid, Dizziness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Warfarin Sodium, Vitamin B12, Selenium, Zinc Sulfate, Biotin, Folate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Multivitamin, Emsam, Lamictal, Ativan, Buspar, Surmontil, Lipitor, Lunesta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix, Prilosec Otc, Flovent Hfa, Singulair, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a patient with Colitis, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hair Loss, Vitamin D Decreased, General Physical Condition, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Depression, Hypercalcaemia, Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Allergies. The patient has Dizziness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Calcium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Tamsulosin, Folic Acid, Remicade, Cyanocobalamin, Naproxen, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acne Rosacea, Crohn's Disease, Acid Reflux, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Urination - Excessive At Night, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Dizziness, Hearing Loss, Ear Congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Azathioprine - 50MG, Prednisolone, Metformin Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Mesalamine for a patient with Crohn's Disease, Polycystic Ovaries, Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Granulocytes Maturation Arrest, Dizziness, Nausea, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain
More related studies for: Folic acid, Dizziness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.