Home > Folic acid > Hepatitis c > Folic acid and Hepatitis c
Review: could Folic acid cause Hepatitis c?
Summary: Hepatitis c is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Protonix, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 84,114 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Hepatitis c. Find out below who they are, when they have Hepatitis c and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Hepatitis c >>>
Folic acid (latest outcomes from 84,776 users) has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels.
Hepatitis c (latest reports from 56,512 patients) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, liver transplant, hiv infection, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 84,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 94 people (0.11%) have Hepatitis C.
Time on Folic acid when people have Hepatitis c * :
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Folic acid * :
|Hepatitis c||0.00%||0.00%||2.38%||1.19%||3.57%||53.57%||26.19%||13.10% |
Severity of Hepatitis c when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Hepatitis c ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 18.09%)
- Pain (12 people, 12.77%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 8.51%)
- Nausea (5 people, 5.32%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (4 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (34 people, 36.17%)
- Oxycontin (31 people, 32.98%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 30.85%)
- Nitroglycerin (29 people, 30.85%)
- Zometa (22 people, 23.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Hepatitis C
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Hepatitis C
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hirsutism, Androgenic Alopecia In Women, and takes Folic Acid, Finasteride )
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Does your menstral cycle change are prolong once u stop talking cellcept been off for 6 to 7 months
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Off The Meds And Menastration Want Leave Been Down, and takes Folic Acid)
I'm 25 yrs of age I live in new Orleans la I've been diagnosed with sle systematic lupus at the age of 20 I've had hair loss gained weight loss weight and hair but my main problem is I just want one kid my Dr took me off the cellcept 6 to 7 months ago an now my menstrual cycle want leave its heavy t ...
- How are you reacting taking budesinide, humira folic acid and evista along with methotrexate
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Collagenous Colitis And Carcinoma In Situ Of Breast, Redness Of Face, Flushing, Hives On Chest And Neck, and takes Methotrexate, Budesonide, Folic Acid, Humira, Evista)
I have just recently started taking budesonide for collagenous colitis. The hives and flushing started after being on this drug for three weeks. I am wondering if it is a drug interaction, since I did not have these symptoms before adding budesonide to my drug regimen.
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Folic acid, Hepatitis c
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Topiramate and liver function
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Hepatitis C)
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Folic acid, Hepatitis c
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Pregabalin, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Prednisolone for a patient with Sarcoidosis, Pain, Immunosuppressant Drug Level. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Cough, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Increased, High Blood Pressure, Cataract, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Pain Of Skin, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Shortness Of Breath, Uveitis, Ectopic Heartbeat, Heart Block Congenital
Comments: Sarcoidosis caused complete heart block. Pacemaker implanted in December 2009 but for the past two years I have had palpitations caused by around 3.7 million ectopic heartbeats per year.
Sarcoidosis also in lungs and eyes. Extended use of Pred Forte caused development of cataracts, one of which h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal, Sulfasalazine, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin Xl, Remicade, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Depression, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Potential Crohn's Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has
Comments: Ever since I started Remicade, I am responding differently to my sleep aid medications.
Trazodone is still effective at helping me fall asleep, but I sleep for a VERY long time, 12+ hours, and it is extremely difficult to wake up.
Lunesta, which has always been effective for me, does not work ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Lorazepam, Diamox, Gabapentin, Cymbalta for a patient with Depression - Major, Human Papilloma Virus (hpv), Anxiety Disorder, Pseudotumor Cerebri, Eye Disorder. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Feeling Hot And Cold, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Canker Sores And Fever Blisters, Short-term Memory Loss, Inability To Make Gestures And Perform Certain Tasks
Comments: I could spend all night listing my symptoms therefore it would be easier for me to explain, I suffer from concentration, focusing, and daily life due to the side effects of some of my medication. About 5 months I started getting a callus like spot on the palm of my hands and on the bottom of my feet ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar HCT, Lorazepam, Livalo, Prilosec, Magnesium Malate, Folate, Malic Acid, Vitamin B6, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Oxaprozin, Viibryd for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Low Blood Magnesium, Diet - Magnesium, Menopausal Symptoms, For Seniors Supplement, Bone And Joint Pain, Depression Postmenopausal. The patient has Severe Joint Pain, Shoulder Pain, Knee Pain - Tollerance To Lorazepam?
Comments: I have had severe bone, muscle, joint pain in shoulders, knees, and hips all over actually. In the past 3 months I have began taking additional Magnesium through a tablet from Jigsaw company called Magnesium w/srt. Includes 5 mg Vit. B6 as pyrodoxal-5-Phophate 5 mg, folate, dimagasium Malate 500mg ...
More related studies for: Folic acid, Hepatitis c
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.