Home > Folic acid > Hirsutism > Folic acid and Hirsutism
Review: could Folic acid cause Hirsutism (Excessive or unwanted hair in women)?
We study 84,114 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Hirsutism. Find out below who they are, when they have Hirsutism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Hirsutism >>>
Folic acid (latest outcomes from 84,747 users) has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels.
Hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair on a person's face and body, esp. on a woman) (latest reports from 6,068 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, epilepsy, accidental exposure, acne.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 84,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Hirsutism.
Time on Folic acid when people have Hirsutism * :
Age of people who have Hirsutism when taking Folic acid * :
Severity of Hirsutism when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Hirsutism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (3 people, 27.27%)
- Temporal lobe epilepsy (3 people, 27.27%)
- Epilepsy (3 people, 27.27%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 9.09%)
- Female pattern baldness (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- All other therapeutic products (3 people, 27.27%)
- Alesse (3 people, 27.27%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 27.27%)
- Corticosteroids (3 people, 27.27%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hirsutism while taking Folic Acid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Hirsutism
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Hirsutism
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
allsymptoms apeared while using mirena coil. inserted 2002 ,removed 2010. skin after removel became lax and papery, density of fatty tisseu severly decreased.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me?
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
More questions for: Folic acid, Hirsutism
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
More reviews for: Folic acid, Hirsutism
On eHealthMe, Folic Acid (folic acid) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Folic Acid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Folic Acid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (47 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Tuberculosis Reactivated
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement