Home > Folic acid > Irritable bowel syndrome > Folic acid and Irritable bowel syndrome
Review: could Folic acid cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
We study 84,114 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 161 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Folic acid (latest outcomes from 84,747 users) has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels.
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (latest reports from 71,328 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 84,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 160 people (0.19%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Folic acid when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||40.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Folic acid * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.73%||4.38%||6.57%||16.06%||8.03%||33.58%||30.66% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (38 people, 23.75%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 10.00%)
- Breast cancer (13 people, 8.12%)
- Pain (12 people, 7.50%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (53 people, 33.12%)
- Lasix (46 people, 28.75%)
- Zometa (44 people, 27.50%)
- Aredia (43 people, 26.88%)
- Methotrexate (36 people, 22.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Folic Acid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Folic acid, Irritable bowel syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Folic acid, Irritable bowel syndrome
On eHealthMe, Folic Acid (folic acid) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Folic Acid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Folic Acid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Folic acid, Irritable bowel syndrome
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Folic acid, Irritable bowel syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28