Review: could Folic acid cause Loose stools?
Summary: Loose stools is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,166 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Loose stools. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose stools and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Folic acid and have Loose stools >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 84,827 Folic acid users)
Loose stools has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,351 Loose stools patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 84,152 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 37 people (0.04%) have Loose Stools.
Time on Folic acid when people have Loose stools * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Folic acid * :
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||13.89%||5.56%||69.44% |
Severity of Loose stools when taking Folic acid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose stools||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose stools ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 13.51%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 8.11%)
- Cerebrovascular accident (2 people, 5.41%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 5.41%)
- Essential hypertension (2 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (9 people, 24.32%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 16.22%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 16.22%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 16.22%)
- Arava (5 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of folic acid and loose stools on
Do you have Loose Stools while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Loose Stools
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Loose Stools
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Orencia, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Arthritis - Rheumatoid. The patient has Joint Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Toprol-xl, Melatonin for a 54-year old woman with Tachycardia, Insomnia. The patient has Loose Stools
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Protonix, Folic Acid for a 50-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, 5'-methyltetrahydrofolate for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.