Review: could Folic acid cause Thin blood (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Thin blood is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,123 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 983 have Thin blood. Find out below who they are, when they have Thin blood and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Thin blood >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels. (view latest outcomes from 84,782 users)
Thin blood has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Thin blood 40,979 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 84,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 983 people (1.17%) have Thin Blood.
Time on Folic acid when people have Thin blood * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thin blood||9.52%||61.90%||0.00%||0.00%||9.52%||9.52%||9.52% |
Age of people who have Thin blood when taking Folic acid * :
|Thin blood||0.11%||0.45%||0.45%||2.81%||5.51%||11.01%||17.75%||61.91% |
Severity of Thin blood when taking Folic acid ** :
How people recovered from Thin blood ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (98 people, 9.97%)
- Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria (82 people, 8.34%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (73 people, 7.43%)
- Multiple myeloma (69 people, 7.02%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (68 people, 6.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (169 people, 17.19%)
- Vitamin b-12 (161 people, 16.38%)
- Methotrexate (132 people, 13.43%)
- Prednisone (131 people, 13.33%)
- Lasix (98 people, 9.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thin Blood while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Thin Blood
- support group for people who take Folic acid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other symptoms. I have stopped Crestor.
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hirsutism, Androgenic Alopecia In Women, and takes Folic Acid, Finasteride )
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Does your menstral cycle change are prolong once u stop talking cellcept been off for 6 to 7 months
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Off The Meds And Menastration Want Leave Been Down, and takes Folic Acid)
I'm 25 yrs of age I live in new Orleans la I've been diagnosed with sle systematic lupus at the age of 20 I've had hair loss gained weight loss weight and hair but my main problem is I just want one kid my Dr took me off the cellcept 6 to 7 months ago an now my menstrual cycle want leave its heavy thn light.....wat should I do an think it never did this before not even on the steroids..
- How are you reacting taking budesinide, humira folic acid and evista along with methotrexate
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Collagenous Colitis And Carcinoma In Situ Of Breast, Redness Of Face, Flushing, Hives On Chest And Neck, and takes Methotrexate, Budesonide, Folic Acid, Humira, Evista)
I have just recently started taking budesonide for collagenous colitis. The hives and flushing started after being on this drug for three weeks. I am wondering if it is a drug interaction, since I did not have these symptoms before adding budesonide to my drug regimen.
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
More questions for: Folic acid, Thin blood
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothes all around my bed. Doctor has prescribed a beta blocker to alleviate the sweats, but there is no change. Short term memory is poor - could the Z pill be causing this?
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
More reviews for: Folic acid, Thin blood
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- I am in menopause and no longer experience hot flashes. I have very low heat tolerance and often am feeling uncomfortably hot. I awake every night around 4:00 am and am drenched in sweat even tho I sleep under 2 fans in addition to AC. It takes some time to get cooled off enough to fall back to slee ...
- I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all ...
More related studies for: Folic acid, Thin blood
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.