Home > Folic acid > Uti > Folic acid and Uti
Review: could Folic acid cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,114 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,876 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Folic acid and have Uti >>>
Folic acid (latest outcomes from 84,776 users) has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in therapeutic drug levels.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 64,558 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 84,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 1,850 people (2.20%) have Uti.
Time on Folic acid when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Uti when taking Folic acid * :
Severity of Uti when taking Folic acid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (673 people, 36.38%)
- Hypertension (203 people, 10.97%)
- Pain (177 people, 9.57%)
- Osteoporosis (162 people, 8.76%)
- Urinary tract infection (110 people, 5.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (694 people, 37.51%)
- Prednisone (436 people, 23.57%)
- Humira (406 people, 21.95%)
- Aspirin (388 people, 20.97%)
- Omeprazole (259 people, 14.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Uti
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hirsutism, Androgenic Alopecia In Women, and takes Folic Acid, Finasteride )
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Does your menstral cycle change are prolong once u stop talking cellcept been off for 6 to 7 months
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Off The Meds And Menastration Want Leave Been Down, and takes Folic Acid)
I'm 25 yrs of age I live in new Orleans la I've been diagnosed with sle systematic lupus at the age of 20 I've had hair loss gained weight loss weight and hair but my main problem is I just want one kid my Dr took me off the cellcept 6 to 7 months ago an now my menstrual cycle want leave its heavy t ...
- How are you reacting taking budesinide, humira folic acid and evista along with methotrexate
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Collagenous Colitis And Carcinoma In Situ Of Breast, Redness Of Face, Flushing, Hives On Chest And Neck, and takes Methotrexate, Budesonide, Folic Acid, Humira, Evista)
I have just recently started taking budesonide for collagenous colitis. The hives and flushing started after being on this drug for three weeks. I am wondering if it is a drug interaction, since I did not have these symptoms before adding budesonide to my drug regimen.
More questions for: Folic acid, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
More reviews for: Folic acid, Uti
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of drug interactions between Indian Tumeric, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Mobic, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Arthritis
Comments: I am in menopause and no longer experience hot flashes. I have very low heat tolerance and often am feeling uncomfortably hot. I awake every night around 4:00 am and am drenched in sweat even tho I sleep under 2 fans in addition to AC. It takes some time to get cooled off enough to fall back to slee ...
More related studies for: Folic acid, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.