Review: could Folic acid cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 84,166 people who have side effects while taking Folic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,873 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Folic acid and have Uti >>>
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 84,827 Folic acid users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 66,240 Uti patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 84,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid. Among them, 1,850 people (2.20%) have Uti.
Time on Folic acid when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Uti when taking Folic acid * :
Severity of Uti when taking Folic acid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (673 people, 36.38%)
- Hypertension (203 people, 10.97%)
- Pain (177 people, 9.57%)
- Osteoporosis (162 people, 8.76%)
- Urinary tract infection (110 people, 5.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (694 people, 37.51%)
- Prednisone (436 people, 23.57%)
- Humira (406 people, 21.95%)
- Aspirin (388 people, 20.97%)
- Omeprazole (259 people, 14.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of folic acid and uti on
Do you have Uti while taking Folic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Folic acid and have Uti
- support group for people who take Folic acid
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal for a 17-year old girl with Acne And Teenagers, Epilepsy. The patient has Skin - Dry, Menstruation Irregular, Lump In The Neck, Paleness, Weight Below Normal
- A study of side effects of Candesartan Cilexetil for a 77-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cystitis
- A study of side effects of Folic Acid for a 60-year old man with Sepsis. The patient has Methotrexate - Serum
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Recent Folic acid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Protonix, Folic Acid for a 50-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, 5'-methyltetrahydrofolate for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.