Review: could Forteo cause Frequent bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 56,575 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,620 have Frequent bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Frequent bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Frequent bowel movements >>>
Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 56,679 users)
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Frequent bowel movements 139,164 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 56,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 1,620 people (2.86%) have Frequent Bowel Movements.
Time on Forteo when people have Frequent bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent bowel movements||38.93%||33.33%||14.93%||11.73%||1.07%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Forteo * :
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.18%||2.29%||10.16%||87.38% |
Severity of Frequent bowel movements when taking Forteo ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent bowel movements||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Frequent bowel movements ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (1,620 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (164 people, 10.12%)
- Asthma (44 people, 2.72%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (43 people, 2.65%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 2.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (669 people, 41.30%)
- Aspirin (438 people, 27.04%)
- Multi-vitamin (302 people, 18.64%)
- Calcium (264 people, 16.30%)
- Nexium (262 people, 16.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Frequent Bowel Movements while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Frequent Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Frequent Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dermatomyositis caused by forteo
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Dermatomyositis, and takes Forteo)
I am still suffering from Dermatomyositis after 1 1/2 years. My doctor said Forteo caused my illness. i am looking for other people who developed symptom of Dermatomyositis. they are joint & muscle pain, hair loss, loss of weight, muscle deterioration, loss of appetite, unable to take care of yourse ...
- Does anybody have morning oral bleeds while on forteo?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Bleeding Esophageal Varices, and takes Nexium, Forteo)
I have morning bleeds which are intermittent. I have been on Nexium for heartburn and after I started forteo the bleeds got very heavy and the time between bleeds shorter.Can somebody shed some light on this? I had endoscopy and bronchoscopy with no lead to where it is coming from I am stopping fort ...
- Is there a link between the drug forteo and pancreatic cancer?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has 4th Stage Pancreatic Cancer Metasticized Spread All Over Body, and takes Forteo)
My inquiry is in regard to my mother, who is now deceased, and use of Forteo for 15 -18 months. She also had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome. 18 days after diagnosis she passed away.
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Diarrhea, and takes Aloe Vera Gel)
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
- Does forteo make fibromyalgia worse
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Forteo)
Flu like symptoms and feeling feverish with no increase in temperature or pulse
More questions for: Forteo, Frequent bowel movements
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Fatigue, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea, Impaired Healing, Liver Pain, Diarrhea, Hair Thinning, Liver Pain, Skin Atrophy, and takes Isoniazid)
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Forteo, Frequent bowel movements
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
More related studies for: Forteo, Frequent bowel movements
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.