Home > Forteo > Hair loss > Forteo and Hair loss
Review: could Forteo cause Hair loss?
We study 56,574 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 389 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Hair loss >>>
Forteo (latest outcomes from 56,676 users) has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 56,574 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 389 people (0.69%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Forteo when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||9.26%||59.26%||12.96%||18.52%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Forteo * :
|Hair loss||0.20%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.20%||1.81%||16.10%||81.69% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Forteo ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (389 people, 100.00%)
- Sleep disorder (26 people, 6.68%)
- Muscle spasms (23 people, 5.91%)
- Hypertension (21 people, 5.40%)
- Neuralgia (12 people, 3.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (89 people, 22.88%)
- Vitamin d (81 people, 20.82%)
- Folic acid (76 people, 19.54%)
- Multi-vitamin (69 people, 17.74%)
- Nexium (58 people, 14.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Forteo?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Forteo, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Forteo, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Forteo (teriparatide recombinant human) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Forteo is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Forteo used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Forteo, Lipitor, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Multivitamin, Calcium for a patient with Post-traumatic Osteoporosis, Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Pressure, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Gnc Ultra Gold Ensure Enough Vitamins, Deficiency. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Forteo for a patient with Osteopetrosis. The patient has Hair Loss
More related studies for: Forteo, Hair loss
Recent Forteo related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Forteo, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (4 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (40 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (42 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (1 hour ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ringing In The Ears
- Osteoma Cutis
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Adhd