Review: could Forteo cause Pain in jaw?
Summary: Pain in jaw is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 56,575 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Pain in jaw. Find out below who they are, when they have Pain in jaw and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Pain in jaw >>>
Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 56,679 users)
Pain in jaw
Pain in jaw has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Pain in jaw 13,084 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 56,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 183 people (0.32%) have Pain In Jaw.
Time on Forteo when people have Pain in jaw * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pain in jaw||52.63%||18.42%||13.16%||13.16%||0.00%||2.63%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pain in jaw when taking Forteo * :
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.79%||25.59%||73.62% |
Severity of Pain in jaw when taking Forteo ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pain in jaw ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (183 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (28 people, 15.30%)
- Pain (22 people, 12.02%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (22 people, 12.02%)
- Osteopenia (13 people, 7.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (72 people, 39.34%)
- Nexium (62 people, 33.88%)
- Vitamin d (61 people, 33.33%)
- Evista (51 people, 27.87%)
- Lasix (43 people, 23.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pain In Jaw while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Pain In Jaw
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Pain In Jaw
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Forteo, Pain in jaw
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 mg twice a day (cut in half) caused breathing problems. Now dose reduced to 125mg 2xdaily still causing intense jaw pain
More reviews for: Forteo, Pain in jaw
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I was recently diagnosed with pneumonia. Ive been sick for over a week but receiving treatment for 2 days. For a day and a half my right bottom jaw is sore to the touch. Like someone punched me. Mostly when I touch it but a little when I move it around.
- I have been having pain in left shoulder, left eye, left arm, left side of neck, down into left fingers and headaches. also iritis in the left eye. Have been having this for 2 years now. Have had an EMG and after seeing different doctors I am now seeing a neurologist who is helping me with it. I ha ...
- After tapering off the clonazepam I started to feel this way 2 days later. I also had mild sleep interruption and dripping in my throat. I am currently back on the clonazepam to taper off more. Symptoms are worsening.
- I recently stopped taking my daily Forteo daily injection 4 days ago after being on it for 2 years. Recently I started experiencing memory loss for activities that had occurred in the last 24-48 hours. I realized this after reading detailed emails that I sent, which I don't recall writing. I have co ...
- I also have a blocked artery in the same thigh but that only hurts when I walk any distance. I also have high blood pressure for which I take a diuretic & high cholesterol for which I take pravacol. I am also taking over the counter medication for arthritis
More related studies for: Forteo, Pain in jaw
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.