Review: could Forteo cause Pain in jaw?
Summary: Pain in jaw is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 56,583 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Pain in jaw. Find out below who they are, when they have Pain in jaw and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Forteo and have Pain in jaw >>>
Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 56,685 Forteo users)
Pain in jaw
Pain in jaw has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, pain. (latest reports from 13,133 Pain in jaw patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 56,583 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 183 people (0.32%) have Pain In Jaw.
Time on Forteo when people have Pain in jaw * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pain in jaw||52.63%||18.42%||13.16%||13.16%||0.00%||2.63%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pain in jaw when taking Forteo * :
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.79%||25.59%||73.62% |
Severity of Pain in jaw when taking Forteo ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pain in jaw ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (183 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (28 people, 15.30%)
- Pain (22 people, 12.02%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (22 people, 12.02%)
- Osteopenia (13 people, 7.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (72 people, 39.34%)
- Nexium (62 people, 33.88%)
- Vitamin d (61 people, 33.33%)
- Evista (51 people, 27.87%)
- Lasix (43 people, 23.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of forteo and pain in jaw on
Do you have Pain In Jaw while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Pain In Jaw
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Pain In Jaw
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a 26-year old man with Mastoiditis. The patient has Pain In Jaw
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of side effects of Forteo for a 60-year old woman with Osteoporosis. The patient has Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Novocain for a 18-year old girl with Nasal Cavity Packing. The patient has Pain In Jaw
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 49-year old woman with Acne-like Skin Bumps, Acid Reflux. The patient has Pain In Jaw, Mouth Sores
Recent Forteo related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.