Home > Forteo > Swelling > Forteo and Swelling
Review: could Forteo cause Swelling?
We study 56,574 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 267 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling >>>
Forteo (latest outcomes from 56,676 users) has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Swelling (latest reports from 182,278 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 56,572 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 274 people (0.48%) have Swelling.
Time on Forteo when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Forteo * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Forteo ** :
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (274 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (29 people, 10.58%)
- Lactose intolerance (26 people, 9.49%)
- Pain (25 people, 9.12%)
- Blood pressure (22 people, 8.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (89 people, 32.48%)
- Nexium (84 people, 30.66%)
- Ambien (81 people, 29.56%)
- Prednisone (74 people, 27.01%)
- Vitamin d (70 people, 25.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Swelling
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anybody have morning oral bleeds while on forteo?
I have morning bleeds which are intermittent. I have been on Nexium for heartburn and after I started forteo the bleeds got very heavy and the time between bleeds shorter.Can somebody shed some light on this? I had endoscopy and bronchoscopy with no lead to where it is coming from I am stopping fort ...
- Is there a link between the drug forteo and pancreatic cancer?
My inquiry is in regard to my mother, who is now deceased, and use of Forteo for 15 -18 months. She also had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome. 18 days after diagnosis she passed away.
- Does forteo make fibromyalgia worse
Flu like symptoms and feeling feverish with no increase in temperature or pulse
- Does forteo cause tooth fractures?
Is tooth fracture a side effect of taking Forteo? I have never had a problem until my last six month dental checkup and was told I had two tooth fractures that will require crowns.Have been on Forteo 22 months.
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- Does forteo neuropathy resolve
On Forteo for 3mos. I had acute onset of wrists and hand swelling with redness and heat. Fever and now on cortisone. I also have acute onset of numbness in hands. Does neuropathy resolve in time and how long does it take
- If you used forteo & have dermatomyositis as a result from forteo do you still have side effects
i am looking for other people who developed symptom of dermatomyositis. they are joint & muscle pain, hair loss, loss of weight, muscle deterioration, loss of appetite, unable to take care of yourself..
- Forteo and weight gain
I have been an Forteo for 2 months and have gained 10 pounds. If this continues I will stop taking the Forteo, might be a bad choice but at 5 pounds a month thats 120 pounds onto my already 137 pounds a weigh at this time.
More questions for: Forteo, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Forteo, Swelling
On eHealthMe, Forteo (teriparatide recombinant human) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Forteo is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Forteo used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Forteo, Swelling
Recent Forteo related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Actonel, Fosamax, Prolia, Forteo for a 70-year old woman who has Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Comparions of Forteo, Prolia for a 71-year old woman who has Osteoporotic Fracture
- Comparions of Forteo, Calcitonin-salmon for a 77-year old man who has Osteoporosis
- Comparions of Forteo, Fosamax for a 50-year old woman who has Osteoporosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam (Carlsbad) - 15MG, Forteo for a 62-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Gabapentin (Actavis Elizabeth) - 300MG, Forteo (Lilly) - EQ 0.75MG/3ML(0.25MG/ML) for a 61-year old woman who has Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Comparions of Forteo, Fosamax for a 63-year old woman who has Osteoporosis
- Comparions of Forteo, Fosamax (Merck And Co Inc) - EQ 70MG BASE for a 27-year old man who has Osteoporosis Nos
- Comparions of Forteo, Motrin (Mcneil Ped) - 800MG for a 73-year old woman who has Post-traumatic Osteoporosis
- Comparions of Levoxyl (King Pharms) - 0.075MG, Climara Pro, Forteo for a 39-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative
More related comparison studies for: Forteo, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (50 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Fungal Infection Feet
- Renal Failure Chronic
- Colon Cancer
- Deep Venous Thrombosis