Review: could Forteo cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 56,575 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 274 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling >>>
Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 56,679 users)
Swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.(latest reports from Swelling 25,848 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 56,574 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 274 people (0.48%) have Swelling.
Time on Forteo when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Forteo * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Forteo ** :
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (274 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (29 people, 10.58%)
- Lactose intolerance (26 people, 9.49%)
- Pain (25 people, 9.12%)
- Cardiac disorder (22 people, 8.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (89 people, 32.48%)
- Nexium (84 people, 30.66%)
- Ambien (81 people, 29.56%)
- Prednisone (74 people, 27.01%)
- Vitamin d (70 people, 25.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dermatomyositis caused by forteo
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Dermatomyositis, and takes Forteo)
I am still suffering from Dermatomyositis after 1 1/2 years. My doctor said Forteo caused my illness. i am looking for other people who developed symptom of Dermatomyositis. they are joint & muscle pain, hair loss, loss of weight, muscle deterioration, loss of appetite, unable to take care of yourse ...
- Does anybody have morning oral bleeds while on forteo?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Bleeding Esophageal Varices, and takes Nexium, Forteo)
I have morning bleeds which are intermittent. I have been on Nexium for heartburn and after I started forteo the bleeds got very heavy and the time between bleeds shorter.Can somebody shed some light on this? I had endoscopy and bronchoscopy with no lead to where it is coming from I am stopping fort ...
- Is there a link between the drug forteo and pancreatic cancer?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has 4th Stage Pancreatic Cancer Metasticized Spread All Over Body, and takes Forteo)
My inquiry is in regard to my mother, who is now deceased, and use of Forteo for 15 -18 months. She also had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome. 18 days after diagnosis she passed away.
- Does forteo make fibromyalgia worse
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Forteo)
Flu like symptoms and feeling feverish with no increase in temperature or pulse
- Does forteo cause tooth fractures?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Tooth Fractures, and takes Forteo)
Is tooth fracture a side effect of taking Forteo? I have never had a problem until my last six month dental checkup and was told I had two tooth fractures that will require crowns.Have been on Forteo 22 months.
More questions for: Forteo, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Forteo, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a patient with Strains. The patient has Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
Comments: Ankles started swelling really bad in late march. Secretary..tried walkin more..no help..cut down on salt etc...no help...fell and sprained ankle march 7..did not go to dr...kept walking...new better...the sprain was manageable after week or so....then crap swelling !....help...dr gave torsamide whi ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Mood Disorder. The patient has Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
Comments: I started by taking 25 my of Lamictal , 1@ night for a week, then 2 nights ago I went up to 50 my and the next evening I noticed my legs felt heavy and feet felt tight and then saw that they were swollen. I have been elevating At night. please help me
More related studies for: Forteo, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.