Home > Forteo > Swelling > Forteo and Swelling
Review: could Forteo cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 56,574 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 267 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling >>>
Forteo (latest outcomes from 56,677 users) has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Swelling (latest reports from 183,086 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 56,572 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 274 people (0.48%) have Swelling.
Time on Forteo when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Forteo * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Forteo ** :
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (274 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (29 people, 10.58%)
- Lactose intolerance (26 people, 9.49%)
- Pain (25 people, 9.12%)
- Blood pressure (22 people, 8.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (89 people, 32.48%)
- Nexium (84 people, 30.66%)
- Ambien (81 people, 29.56%)
- Prednisone (74 people, 27.01%)
- Vitamin d (70 people, 25.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dermatomyositis caused by forteo
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Dermatomyositis, and takes Forteo)
I am still suffering from Dermatomyositis after 1 1/2 years. My doctor said Forteo caused my illness. i am looking for other people who developed symptom of Dermatomyositis. they are joint & muscle pain, hair loss, loss of weight, muscle deterioration, loss of appetite, unable to take care of yourse ...
- Does anybody have morning oral bleeds while on forteo?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Bleeding Esophageal Varices, and takes Nexium, Forteo)
I have morning bleeds which are intermittent. I have been on Nexium for heartburn and after I started forteo the bleeds got very heavy and the time between bleeds shorter.Can somebody shed some light on this? I had endoscopy and bronchoscopy with no lead to where it is coming from I am stopping fort ...
- Is there a link between the drug forteo and pancreatic cancer?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has 4th Stage Pancreatic Cancer Metasticized Spread All Over Body, and takes Forteo)
My inquiry is in regard to my mother, who is now deceased, and use of Forteo for 15 -18 months. She also had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome. 18 days after diagnosis she passed away.
- Does forteo make fibromyalgia worse
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Forteo)
Flu like symptoms and feeling feverish with no increase in temperature or pulse
- Does forteo cause tooth fractures?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Tooth Fractures, and takes Forteo)
Is tooth fracture a side effect of taking Forteo? I have never had a problem until my last six month dental checkup and was told I had two tooth fractures that will require crowns.Have been on Forteo 22 months.
More questions for: Forteo, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Forteo, Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression. The patient has Rash, Skin Sensitisation, Edema
Comments: Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimple-looking rash on face and inside throat. Hyper sensitive to light touch. Insomnia, manic-like desire to stay awake.
- A study of side effects of Sotalol Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
Comments: light edema of lower legs and ankles
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of side effects of Forteo for a patient with Osteoporosis And Aging. The patient has Weight Loss
Comments: Also dealing with fractures, bascil cell carcinoma tumors and severe acid reflux and stomach infection with 3 ulcers and hiatel hernia
More related studies for: Forteo, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (42 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (52 minutes ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (2 hours ago)