Review: could Forteo cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 56,583 people who have side effects while taking Forteo from FDA and social media. Among them, 267 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling >>>
Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 56,685 Forteo users)
Swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 26,520 Swelling patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 56,583 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo. Among them, 274 people (0.48%) have Swelling.
Time on Forteo when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Forteo * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Forteo ** :
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (274 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (29 people, 10.58%)
- Lactose intolerance (26 people, 9.49%)
- Pain (25 people, 9.12%)
- Cardiac disorder (22 people, 8.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (89 people, 32.48%)
- Nexium (84 people, 30.66%)
- Ambien (81 people, 29.56%)
- Prednisone (74 people, 27.01%)
- Vitamin d (70 people, 25.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Forteo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Forteo and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Forteo
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Omeprazole for a 51-year old woman with Gas - Belching, Belching. The patient has Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Adderall 30, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin, Lamictal for a 28-year old woman with Back Pain, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling, Leg Swelling, Abdominal Pain Lower, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Tasigna for a 24-year old woman with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness), Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Colace, Omeprazole, Diazepam for a 19-year old girl with Anxiety Disorder, Constipation, Gastritis. The patient has Chest Tightness, Cold Hands And Feet, Pale Lips, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Shoulder Aches, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Rib Cage Pain, Swelling, Sleeplessness, Headache, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Twitchy Leg, Chest Pain, Tumour Pain
Recent Forteo related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.