Forteo and Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia - from FDA reports
Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia is found among people who take Forteo, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Levothyroxine Sodium, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia with Forteo. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 107,530 people who have side effects when taking Forteo from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 07, 2017
107,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Forteo.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Forteo when people have Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia when taking Forteo *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia when taking Forteo *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metoclopramide (3 people, 37.50%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (3 people, 37.50%)
- Trexall (1 person, 12.50%)
- Enbrel (1 person, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Night Sweats (3 people, 37.50%)
- Nausea (3 people, 37.50%)
- General Physical Health Deterioration (3 people, 37.50%)
- Broken Bone (3 people, 37.50%)
- Weight Decreased (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia when taking Forteo?
- Check symptoms - is waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 107,847 users)
Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia (cancer affects small lymphocytes (white blood cells)) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia, high blood pressure, psoriasis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (latest reports from 1,917 Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia patients).