Home > Fosamax > Abdominal pain > Fosamax and Abdominal pain
Review: could Fosamax cause Abdominal pain?
We study 69,894 people who have side effects while taking Fosamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,238 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fosamax and have Abdominal pain >>>
Fosamax (latest outcomes from 70,339 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Abdominal Pain (latest reports from 617,372 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 69,891 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax. Among them, 2,238 people (3.20%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Fosamax when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||4.53%||8.03%||7.69%||16.98%||24.04%||29.64%||9.10% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Fosamax * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||1.23%||3.59%||14.36%||26.78%||52.65% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Fosamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (2,238 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (1,119 people, 50.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (227 people, 10.14%)
- Hypertension (226 people, 10.10%)
- Hypothyroidism (166 people, 7.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alendronate sodium (578 people, 25.83%)
- Fosamax plus d (418 people, 18.68%)
- Synthroid (416 people, 18.59%)
- Aspirin (407 people, 18.19%)
- Actonel (385 people, 17.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Fosamax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fosamax and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Fosamax
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fosamax, Abdominal pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
More reviews for: Fosamax, Abdominal pain
On eHealthMe, Fosamax (alendronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Fosamax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fosamax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Fosamax, Abdominal pain
Recent Fosamax related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fosamax, Abdominal pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (3 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (5 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Schizophrenia Simple
- Blood Urea Nitrogen/creatinine Ratio Increased
- Bubonic Plague
- Pinus Sylvestris