Review: could Fosamax cause Cirrhosis alcoholic?
Summary: Cirrhosis alcoholic is found among people who take Fosamax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aredia, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 69,896 people who have side effects while taking Fosamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Cirrhosis alcoholic. Find out below who they are, when they have Cirrhosis alcoholic and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fosamax and have Cirrhosis alcoholic >>>
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Fosamax 70,342 users)
Cirrhosis alcoholic (chronic disease of the liver marked by degeneration of cells, inflammation, and fibrous thickening of tissue caused by alcoholism) has been reported by people with stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, psoriasis, reflux oesophagitis, depression.(latest reports from Cirrhosis alcoholic 350 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 69,896 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax. Among them, 12 people (0.02%) have Cirrhosis Alcoholic.
Time on Fosamax when people have Cirrhosis alcoholic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cirrhosis alcoholic||16.67%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Cirrhosis alcoholic when taking Fosamax * :
|Cirrhosis alcoholic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||41.67%||58.33% |
Severity of Cirrhosis alcoholic when taking Fosamax ** :
How people recovered from Cirrhosis alcoholic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 66.67%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 41.67%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 33.33%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 33.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (4 people, 33.33%)
- Miacalcin (4 people, 33.33%)
- Zometa (4 people, 33.33%)
- Percocet (4 people, 33.33%)
- [therapy unspecified] (4 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cirrhosis Alcoholic while taking Fosamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fosamax and have Cirrhosis Alcoholic
- support group for people who take Fosamax
- support group for people who have Cirrhosis Alcoholic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has tamoxifen broken bones after bisphosphonate use?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Atypical Femur Fracture, and takes Fosamax)
After taking Fosamax or Boniva for 15 years my femurs broke due to these drugs. I stopped taking these drugs but now need Tamoxifen due to breast cancer. Tamoxifen also inhibits osteoclasts from remodeling bones while osteoclasts are killed with bisphosphonates like Fosamax and Boniva, thus causin ...
- Iam losind bone matter in my hip area and have been on lithium for many years could this cause it?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I have also developed Hypothyroidism in the past 3 years along with my low Bone Density tests. I also have uncontrollable eye movements, and have developed parkinsonism.
- Can fosamax cause hand contractures?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Hand Contractures, and takes Fosamax)
I took 3 doses of Fosamax and experienced moderate to severe hand contractures 8 months later. I also experienced sensitivity, puffiness, and redness in both hands within 5 days of the first dose. My doctor was not concerned. He said my body was simply adjusting to the drug.
Has anyone had a sim ...
- Which drug is safer fosamax or evista for osteroposis
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Bone Loss, and takes Fosamax)
i have been on fosamax a long time and wondered if a different drug is better to take or could i just stop taking the fosamax?
- Does fosamax cuase weight gain?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar 2, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitiligo, and takes Prozac, Synthroid, Depakote, Claritin, Fosamax)
HAVE BROKE MY KNEE< WRIST AND HIP in the past 12 years
I tend to be quite active
Had 2 twisted bowel surgery, hence I am deficient in absorption of Vit B12 and get monthly shots
More questions for: Fosamax, Cirrhosis alcoholic
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Fosamax)
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Fosamax, Cirrhosis alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between Alendronic Acid, Prednisolone for a patient with Osteoporosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Upper Body Rash And Itching, Pain - Shoulder
Comments: Diagnosed with PMR 5 months ago and treated with 25mg per day of Prednisolone. Reduced dose to 22.5mg then to 21mg over a 2 month period. Noticed a rash on upper torso with severe itching which is thought to be an allergy since reducing the Preds. Doctor now wants me to reduce preds by 10mg in the n ...
- A study of side effects of Alendronate Sodium for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal. The patient has Gastrointestinal Upset
Comments: I do not necessarily get the upset the day I take the drug (1x/week), but throughout the week and usually the following day of administering.
- A study of side effects of Alendronate Sodium for a patient with Osteopenia. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Comments: Yesterday I took my second weekly alendronate pill. Today I'm having severe pain throughout my body - muscles, joints, soft tissue. After the first alendronate pill I felt sickish but by the end of the first week I was beginning to feel normal. On Wednesday when I took the second weekly pill I was g ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Alendronate Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hcl, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Hardening Of The Arteries, Osteoporosis, Depression, Anxiety, Hypertension. The patient has Anxiety, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Depression under control
- A study of side effects of Fosamax for a patient with Paget's Disease. The patient has Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells)
Comments: I have problems with lymphoma in my neck esophagus the same side affect I felt while taking fosamax chest pain vomiting
More related studies for: Fosamax, Cirrhosis alcoholic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.