Home > Fosamax > Colitis > Fosamax and Colitis
Review: could Fosamax cause Colitis?
Summary: Colitis is found among people who take Fosamax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax plus d, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 69,894 people who have side effects while taking Fosamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 470 have Colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fosamax and have Colitis >>>
Fosamax (latest outcomes from 70,341 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Colitis (inflammation of colon) (latest reports from 85,340 patients) has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 19, 2014: 69,894 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax. Among them, 470 people (0.67%) have Colitis.
Time on Fosamax when people have Colitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Colitis when taking Fosamax * :
Severity of Colitis when taking Fosamax ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (470 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (377 people, 80.21%)
- Hypertension (125 people, 26.60%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (108 people, 22.98%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (89 people, 18.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax plus d (231 people, 49.15%)
- Alendronate sodium (213 people, 45.32%)
- [therapy unspecified] (193 people, 41.06%)
- Prilosec (157 people, 33.40%)
- Boniva (145 people, 30.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis while taking Fosamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fosamax and have Colitis
- support group for people who take Fosamax
- support group for people who have Colitis
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has tamoxifen broken bones after bisphosphonate use?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Atypical Femur Fracture, and takes Fosamax)
After taking Fosamax or Boniva for 15 years my femurs broke due to these drugs. I stopped taking these drugs but now need Tamoxifen due to breast cancer. Tamoxifen also inhibits osteoclasts from remodeling bones while osteoclasts are killed with bisphosphonates like Fosamax and Boniva, thus causin ...
- Iam losind bone matter in my hip area and have been on lithium for many years could this cause it?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I have also developed Hypothyroidism in the past 3 years along with my low Bone Density tests. I also have uncontrollable eye movements, and have developed parkinsonism.
- Can fosamax cause hand contractures?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Hand Contractures, and takes Fosamax)
I took 3 doses of Fosamax and experienced moderate to severe hand contractures 8 months later. I also experienced sensitivity, puffiness, and redness in both hands within 5 days of the first dose. My doctor was not concerned. He said my body was simply adjusting to the drug.
Has anyone had a sim ...
- Which drug is safer fosamax or evista for osteroposis
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Bone Loss, and takes Fosamax)
i have been on fosamax a long time and wondered if a different drug is better to take or could i just stop taking the fosamax?
- Is high ck (702) related to parkinson's
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Colitis, Acid Reflux, Parkinson's, and takes Sinemet, Mirapex, Artane, Effexor, Pantoprazole, Aminosalicylic Acid)
High ck led to taking a statin as a prophylactic, which was discontinued when I had a normal angiogram one month later my ck is still high. It was 702, a month later it is 678. What should I do?
More questions for: Fosamax, Colitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Fosamax)
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Fosamax, Colitis
- A study of drug interactions between Alendronic Acid, Prednisolone for a patient with Osteoporosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Upper Body Rash And Itching, Pain - Shoulder
Comments: Diagnosed with PMR 5 months ago and treated with 25mg per day of Prednisolone. Reduced dose to 22.5mg then to 21mg over a 2 month period. Noticed a rash on upper torso with severe itching which is thought to be an allergy since reducing the Preds. Doctor now wants me to reduce preds by 10mg in the n ...
- A study of side effects of Alendronate Sodium for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal. The patient has Gastrointestinal Upset
Comments: I do not necessarily get the upset the day I take the drug (1x/week), but throughout the week and usually the following day of administering.
- A study of side effects of Alendronate Sodium for a patient with Osteopenia. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Comments: Yesterday I took my second weekly alendronate pill. Today I'm having severe pain throughout my body - muscles, joints, soft tissue. After the first alendronate pill I felt sickish but by the end of the first week I was beginning to feel normal. On Wednesday when I took the second weekly pill I was g ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Alendronate Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hcl, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Hardening Of The Arteries, Osteoporosis, Depression, Anxiety, Hypertension. The patient has Anxiety, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Depression under control
- A study of side effects of Fosamax for a patient with Paget's Disease. The patient has Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells)
Comments: I have problems with lymphoma in my neck esophagus the same side affect I felt while taking fosamax chest pain vomiting
More related studies for: Fosamax, Colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis
- Advair Diskus 250/50
- Calcium D - Glucarate
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (2 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (10 hours ago)
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (7 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (8 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (1 day ago)