Home > Fosamax > Fluid retention > Fosamax and Fluid retention
Review: could Fosamax cause Fluid retention?
We study 69,894 people who have side effects while taking Fosamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 355 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fosamax and have Fluid retention >>>
Fosamax (latest outcomes from 70,339 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 91,080 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 69,891 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax. Among them, 355 people (0.51%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Fosamax when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.47%||10.19%||14.69%||23.93%||13.03%||31.75%||5.92% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Fosamax * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.14%||14.14%||5.80%||27.30%||52.62% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Fosamax ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (355 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (271 people, 76.34%)
- Bone disorder (79 people, 22.25%)
- Jaw fracture (78 people, 21.97%)
- Seasonal allergy (42 people, 11.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax plus d (221 people, 62.25%)
- Lasix (128 people, 36.06%)
- [therapy unspecified] (111 people, 31.27%)
- Lidocaine (104 people, 29.30%)
- Oxycontin (100 people, 28.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Fosamax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fosamax and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Fosamax
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
On eHealthMe, Fosamax (alendronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Fosamax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fosamax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
Recent Fosamax related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (6 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (8 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Varicella Virus Test Positive
- Pinus Sylvestris
- Schizophrenia Simple
- Blood Phosphorus Increased