Home > Fosamax > Fluid retention > Fosamax and Fluid retention
Review: could Fosamax cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Fosamax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax plus d, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 69,894 people who have side effects while taking Fosamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 355 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fosamax and have Fluid retention >>>
Fosamax (latest outcomes from 70,341 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 90,907 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 69,891 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax. Among them, 355 people (0.51%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Fosamax when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.47%||10.19%||14.69%||23.93%||13.03%||31.75%||5.92% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Fosamax * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.14%||14.14%||5.80%||27.30%||52.62% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Fosamax ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (355 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (271 people, 76.34%)
- Bone disorder (79 people, 22.25%)
- Jaw fracture (78 people, 21.97%)
- Seasonal allergy (42 people, 11.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax plus d (221 people, 62.25%)
- Lasix (128 people, 36.06%)
- [therapy unspecified] (111 people, 31.27%)
- Lidocaine (104 people, 29.30%)
- Oxycontin (100 people, 28.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Fosamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fosamax and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Fosamax
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has tamoxifen broken bones after bisphosphonate use?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Atypical Femur Fracture, and takes Fosamax)
After taking Fosamax or Boniva for 15 years my femurs broke due to these drugs. I stopped taking these drugs but now need Tamoxifen due to breast cancer. Tamoxifen also inhibits osteoclasts from remodeling bones while osteoclasts are killed with bisphosphonates like Fosamax and Boniva, thus causin ...
- Iam losind bone matter in my hip area and have been on lithium for many years could this cause it?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I have also developed Hypothyroidism in the past 3 years along with my low Bone Density tests. I also have uncontrollable eye movements, and have developed parkinsonism.
- Can fosamax cause hand contractures?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Hand Contractures, and takes Fosamax)
I took 3 doses of Fosamax and experienced moderate to severe hand contractures 8 months later. I also experienced sensitivity, puffiness, and redness in both hands within 5 days of the first dose. My doctor was not concerned. He said my body was simply adjusting to the drug.
Has anyone had a sim ...
- Which drug is safer fosamax or evista for osteroposis
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Bone Loss, and takes Fosamax)
i have been on fosamax a long time and wondered if a different drug is better to take or could i just stop taking the fosamax?
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
More questions for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Fosamax)
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fosamax, Naprosyn for a patient with Osteopenia, Multiple Cysts In Various Organs. The patient has Sluggishness
Comments: Recent CT scan abdomen shows cysts in my right kidney, one 3.5 cm cyst in liver, one cyst in spleen. Recent infections:urinary then sinus and bronchi. Also a inflammatory condition: Pan Diverticulosis. Degenerative Joint and Disc Disease for may years. Liver and kidney labs are normal. Rheumatoid Ar ...
- A study of side effects of Alendronate Sodium for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Leg Pain, Skeletonal Aches, Jaw Pain, Excessive Urination,
Comments: I stared taking alendronate sodium 35 mg 3 months ago. Snce that time I have been experiencing excessive urination, leg pain, jaw pain, negative taste sensations and horrible leg cramps while sleeping.
Tomorrow I should be taking my 3rd pill for the month but I am going to stop to see if this is w ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actemra, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Topiramate - 50MG, Propranolol Hydrochloride - 20MG, Simvastatin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluconazole, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride - EQ 10MG BASE, Hydrochlorothiazide, Spironolactone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Alendronate Sodium, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Pilocarpine Hydrochloride, Sumatriptan Succinate, Imitrex Statdose, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, CoQ-10, Krill Oil, Latanoprost for a patient with Giant Cell Arteritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Migraine Prophylaxis, Essential Tremor, High Blood Cholesterol, Moderate Pain, Severe Pain From Kidney Stones, Major Depression, Candidiasis, Pitting Oedema, Insomnia, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Osteoporosis Prophylaxis, Chronic Gastritis, Stroke Prophalaxis, Dry Mouth, Migraine, Intractable Migraine, Ehlers-danlos Syndrome Type 3, Gca And Eds And Chiari (post Surgery), Glaucoma Suspect/high Intra-occular Pressure. The patient has Tocilizumab And Simvistatin
Comments: Giant cell arteritis means I must take prednisone. Prednisone has caused other diseases which then have to be treated, and I already had migraines, kidney stones, asthma, dishydrotic eczema, essential tremor, Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, etc.
During the middle of all this they discovered Chiari (many sy ...
- A study of drug interactions between Namenda, Plavix, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Amlodipine Besylate, Allegra, Lasix, Lexapro, Coreg, Aricept for a patient with Dementia Alzheimer's Type, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Pressure, Sinus Congestion, High Blood Sugar, Depression. The patient has Tiredness, Fluid Retention, Weight Gain, Impaired Memory, Self Injurious Behavior
Comments: My mother has had a lot of improvement compared to how she was in and out of the hospital about every 3 months for congestive heart failure. She looks well now, but has been having memory problems and strange behavior again since her Lasix was increased from 10mg twice a day to 20mg twice a day for ...
More related studies for: Fosamax, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Jantoven and Urinary Incontinence
- Nadolol and Lisinopril
- Hair Loss and Effexor
- Osteoporosis and Symbicort
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (14 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (17 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (2 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Monistat 3 for a 38-year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina (16 minutes ago)
- Namenda for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (40 minutes ago)
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (2 hours ago)