Home > Fosamax > Insomnia > Fosamax and Insomnia
Review: could Fosamax cause Insomnia?
We study 69,891 people who have side effects while taking Fosamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,152 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fosamax and have Insomnia >>>
Fosamax (latest outcomes from 70,339 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 69,891 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax. Among them, 3,152 people (4.51%) have Insomnia.
Time on Fosamax when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Fosamax * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Fosamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (3,152 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (3,152 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (481 people, 15.26%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (385 people, 12.21%)
- Hypothyroidism (313 people, 9.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax plus d (1,742 people, 55.27%)
- Alendronate sodium (1,380 people, 43.78%)
- Synthroid (762 people, 24.18%)
- Premarin (725 people, 23.00%)
- Prilosec (650 people, 20.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Fosamax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fosamax and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Fosamax
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
B.R.Bahl on Nov, 25, 2012:
MY WIFE HAS BEEN USING fosavance 70 mg for the last 4 years without break.She feels fed up with the medicine,should she discontinue and use the one at monthly intervals.would you please reply which is the best medicine. Is there loss/damage if she discontinues.She feels no relief from the pain in the right side of her body.she takes pain killer medicine,doctor tell her to continue using till we are alive and forever.She feel difficulty to walk even upto few yards .She feel bodily and mentally weakness.will you pl tell her what she should do,continue to take or discontinue the medicine.
CC on Nov, 30, 2012:
I saw the same symptoms on Mystery Diagnosis. It was the patient’s thyroid. Have your wife go to a thyroid specialist.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fosamax, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Fosamax, Insomnia
On eHealthMe, Fosamax (alendronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Fosamax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fosamax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (13 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (49 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (54 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (50 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Infective Exacerbation Of Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease
- L Glutathione