Review: could Furosemide cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 80,010 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,788 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Back pain >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,862 Furosemide users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 80,008 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 1,788 people (2.23%) have Back Pain.
Time on Furosemide when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||39.13%||31.88%||14.49%||7.25%||4.35%||0.00%||2.90% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Furosemide * :
|Back pain||58.91%||41.09% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Furosemide * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.18%||0.61%||0.61%||1.71%||11.94%||15.90%||69.04% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (211 people, 11.80%)
- Multiple myeloma (171 people, 9.56%)
- Hypertension (147 people, 8.22%)
- Osteoporosis (120 people, 6.71%)
- Cardiac disorder (117 people, 6.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (584 people, 32.66%)
- Potassium chloride (479 people, 26.79%)
- Lisinopril (406 people, 22.71%)
- Zometa (389 people, 21.76%)
- Digoxin (337 people, 18.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Flomax, Gemfibrozil, Fosinopril Sodium for a 49-year old man with Heart Mri, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased, Dysuria, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension. The patient has Back Pain - Nonspecific
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.