Review: could Furosemide cause Dementia?
Summary: Dementia is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 80,008 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 275 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Dementia >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,857 Furosemide users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 12,434 Dementia patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 80,007 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 275 people (0.34%) have Dementia.
Time on Furosemide when people have Dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (36 people, 13.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (30 people, 10.91%)
- Anxiety (25 people, 9.09%)
- Dementia (23 people, 8.36%)
- Pain (22 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (91 people, 33.09%)
- Omeprazole (80 people, 29.09%)
- Aspirin (75 people, 27.27%)
- Digoxin (68 people, 24.73%)
- Potassium chloride (62 people, 22.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and dementia on
Do you have Dementia while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Dementia
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Lasix for a 73-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Severe Itching Under Skin In Lower Legs, Back, Arms And Feet
- A study of side effects of Garlic for a 95-year old man with Pneumonia. The patient has Dementia (madness)
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lasix, Torsemide for a 74-year old man who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.