Home > Furosemide > Dementia > Furosemide and Dementia
Review: could Furosemide cause Dementia?
Summary: Dementia is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Hypertension.
We study 79,994 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 254 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Furosemide and have Dementia >>>
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,840 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Dementia (madness) (latest reports from 46,391 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 79,989 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 275 people (0.34%) have Dementia.
Time on Furosemide when people have Dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (36 people, 13.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (30 people, 10.91%)
- Anxiety (25 people, 9.09%)
- Dementia (23 people, 8.36%)
- Pain (22 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (91 people, 33.09%)
- Omeprazole (80 people, 29.09%)
- Aspirin (75 people, 27.27%)
- Digoxin (68 people, 24.73%)
- Potassium chloride (62 people, 22.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dementia while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Dementia
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed i was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. i felt very out of it and spacey. i have had blood work drawn t
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Speech Disorder, Trance Like Behavior, Slurred Speech, Mouth Dropped Down.Swollen Feet, Ankles, And Legs., Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Lasix)
Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed I was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. I felt very out of it and spacey. I have had blood work drawn today, CT of head, EKG and the doctor said I have what is called a "hard heart". I will see him tomo ...
More questions for: Furosemide, Dementia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- Pulmonery hypertension
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Breathlessness, and takes Xarelto, Furosemide, Spironolactone, Tracleer, Viagra)
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Furosemide, Dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of side effects of Oxycontin for a patient with Pain In Limb. The patient has Dementia (madness)
Comments: Off opioids for two days wondering how long memory loss and confusion will last. On 10mg 12hours for 2 weeks
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Cephalexin for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Injection Site Reaction. The patient has Corneal Ulcers And Infections
Comments: swollen hand, open and scabbed sores on legs. smaller red dots all over top and bottom of legs,pain,swollen legs and feet, itching.
More related studies for: Furosemide, Dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.